ways to comfort my boys while recovering from a URI? (worried about them getting bored but also worried about overwhelming them)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 19628

I want to preface this by saying im a first time owner, and while i got my boys from a petshop, the petshop themselves got the rats from a reputable breeder.

So i recently got 4 boys, all brothers! and after taking them to the vet, the vet thought they might have UTI(s) because they were all sneezing and one was making wheezing noises and one of the others breathing just seemed odd to me. They are currently all on antibiotics (whats just being added into their water) and while they are all eating and drinking fine, they all are too lethargic (and probably nervous) to play or anything like that. (though one of them is quite energetic and ran up my arm, chilled on my shoulder for a little before getting back in the cage (he also did this a few hours earlier with my friend))

Long story short, im concerned about my boys, and i was wondering what i can do to possibly comfort, cheer up, and just try and get them to engage while recovering? (the antibiotics are only for 5 days and im worried it might not be enough, though the price was reasonable so if i need to get more thats not an issue). i dont want them to be overwhelmed (obviously) but i dont want them to feel bored because im not engaging with them too much. (im unsure of how much i should engage with them while they are recovering basically) since i know they generally like the engagement.

many thanks, i hope what i said is understandable since i feel like i rambled

Back