Washing Hammocks

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adryan

Hi! I was wondering if anyone would have any tips for the fact that there's a lot of hair and debris still in my hammocks after washing them? I don't think they get as clean as they should be after washing them (I use unscented detergent to clean them). I tried using those lint balls but they didn't help. I'm not sure if anyone else has any advice. I feel like they all come out a bit Dusty.

Normally what I do to clean hammocks is to bring them outside and just shake of anything that's left on them, I would also bring a small brush out to try to brush out whatever stays stuck to the fabric. If you have a small handheld vacuum or a vacuum with a hose you could try to get some off that way if there is a lot of debris on the hammocks.

It depends on what you put in the washer with the hammocks. For me, I put in all of my fleece liners, cuddle pieces, and hammocks in the washer. If I don't beat out the poop, hair, treats/food crumbles beforehand, it will still be all over this stuff when I take it out of the washer.

Back