WARNING - Graphic, Heartbreaking Content - Mill Seizure

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

There was a seizure of a reptile and feeder rat mill in California. Once again PETA sent in an undercover investigator.

If you read or especially watch the video, be prepared. I found myself apologizing to the rats and even the poor reptiles. :sad3:

Before you continue ALL the animals were euthanized.

18,400 rats and 600 reptiles. There were 700 dead animals that was found inside as well.

THIS is why I will not even go into a store that sells live animals, much less purchase animals or even supplies from one.,

Yes this is PETA, but you cannot discount the video, and this is sadly typical of pet mills.

Here is what they claim the facility looks like.

http://www.globalcaptivebreeders.com/Facility.html

The news story
http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside- ... r-case.ece

PETA's video
http://www.peta.org/features/rat-snake- ... house.aspx

I think I got about 3 seconds in and i stopped. Once i seen him thump that one on the floor couldnt handle it anymore. It broke my heart. I hate how this is ok. How it is just alright to do this to these rats. Makes me want to go postal.

It will that is for sure. I dont understand when society lost it empathy towards other living things but it has. it is towards everyone and everything. It is just heartbreaking.

The poor dear animals. That is horrifying and heartbreaking. This is the reason I hate humans. Animals are so much better than us.

Didn't watch it ... can't .....
After watching the W5 news coverage the other week showing baby pigs being "thumped" against concrete etc to kill them etc,
just can't handle anymore animal cruelty right now .....

No arrests have been made in the case.
:sad3:

but it isn't just exotics like rats and reptiles and other pets ...

It is legal for animals used for human consumption to be tortured and treated inhumanely too.
There is documentation showing pigs and chickens being boiled alive in North American slaughter houses, not to mention all the horrifying documention showing how they are abused during their short lives. This seems to be legal as law enforcement agencies don't do anything about it.

I don't support the abuse of animals by refusing to purchase anything at stores that sell animals,
and like some, I have made the decision to stop supporting the abuse and torture of farm animals by not purchasing meat, fish, dairy products, etc ....

It is a start but unfortunately just changing ones personal buying isn't enough.
Real change will only happen when we start taking political action as large groups of people

OMG..watched as much as I could. It was brutal from the very first moment. What the hell is wrong with people....how can some be so cruel and uncaring?

I will pray for the souls of all those poor, poor creatures. The thought of so many being euthanized is heartbreaking, but it was a far kinder fate than remaining in that hell. I simply have no words. People like that...just, no words. There is no word to accurately describe such despicable, horrid beings. They can't even be called "people". Just sickening. I will sign the petition.

I watched about 3 seconds of the video, stopped it and then balled my eyes out for 30 minutes. I am speechless and in shock. I mean...I know stuff like this happens A LOT...but it's different when you see it. :(

What pisses me off is that no one cares about small aniamls. I mena if this had been a puppy or kitten mill it would have been world wide headlines and huges arrests and fines woudlb emade and there woudl ahve been an attemopt to save at least a few animals instead of condemming them all.. There is no wayh they examined every animal before making that decision.. thats sjut too many animals.. I am sure soem of them could have been saved : (

I posted a rant on fb so I will restrain myself ubt ugh it makes me sick! .. I cna twatch it I hav ewatched soemting liek ti befor eand I jsut cant.

I watched the whole video. I'm so glad that they are all at peace now. No words to describe how horrendous that is. :( Poor babies.

I vomited in my mouth and forced to swallow 3 seconds in...then continued as much as I didn't want to...because I wanted to see for myself that dogs and cats are not the only animals to suffer in pet mills...but I couldn't imagine the cruelty I was beholding...it felt...like...this couldn't have happened...could it? I had to hold my tears back and clung to my boy Gizmo and kissed him over and over as he is the only one of my pack that came from a pet store... He is healthy and happy despite where he might have come from before the pet store...and I can only pray his past wasn't like this...

An emaciated snake...I never thought I'd see that...and those poor rats with shredded tails and faces and tumors...my god...

Never again, no buying pets from pet stores ever again...

This is sadly a lot more common than you think...same type of thing, undercover PETA at Rainbow Exotics a mill that supplied PetSmart and Petco in 2007...looks incredibly similar :(

It's not only a question of buying animals, it's buying supplies also. Pet stores don't make a lot of money on small animals, they make money because they use those animals to attract people into the store and buy the animals and then keep coming back to buy crappy supplies for them. In Canada, I try my best to also never buy anything from Hagen/Living World, since they own/part own the majority of the pet stores in this country and have their own mills. Having rescues in store to adopt out cats and dogs does not make it ok they are selling birds and small animals either, I don't understand why people think it does.

Maybe I should start purchasing my rat/pet supplies online then...? No more buying from the pet stores even for supplies? I have no reliable intown petstore to trust :(

Is buying supplies online better depending on where I'm buying from or could anyone give me website address that sell supplies across the USA?

i am ashamed at myself for being a human. i got one of my dogs and my cat at a pet store a few years ago when i was three then when i was six. i got two of my rats from a pet store. and i shop at pet smart. we say humans where made in the likeness of god, but we are evil, cruel , unfair, can people no longer feel sympathy, love or compassion!? god bless the soles of the people trying to fix the monsters that we are as humans and god bless the soles of the dead,dieing and soon to be born animals that will die, hopefully they will never get the chance to be born.
i am happy that i watched the video, it means one more person cares for those poor fur babies and those poor reptiles.

ps. sorry for the rant.

im so glad i got my boyfriend his lizards from two small breeders that took good care of all their pets. Where i am and being a student i have to buy from a pet store but will only buy food. May these poor beauties rest in peace and be playing on the biggest boxcastle and those reptiles be either sunbathing or swimming.

Back