Vet Visit for Mites

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Schpog

Luckily, I live in a place where animal care is free for me. Once a month the SPCA runs a great clinic where you take your pets and the Vet is fantastic. So I thought my girls had mites so I schlepped them all there and because of COVID and it being summer, the clinic waiting area is outside under a huge oak tree.

So we sat in the shade and they brought me two carrying cages that I was to transfer the rats into.

Now, I have 1 adult female and 2 babies and at the time they weren't integrated. So I had one rat in one carrier and 2 babies in the other. They gave me a cage carrier and the poor babies got one look at mama and tried to come through the bars. So they had to bring me another one that was a box without those large apertures.

THey treated all 3 rats with Revolution but the Vet told me she didn't see any mites. Good enough eh? At least this dose will last for a month. They did stop itching after about 5 days after treatment. She gave me some surgical shampoo for bathing them.

I have nothing but praise for the BC SPCA. I used to volunteer there as a cat carer. I hope to volunteer there again but this time with the small animals!

Back