Vet Bill Vent

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilez_n_hugs

I know we have all been there at one time or another but vet bills really suck!
rant2.gif

Over the holidays my little dog Harley got a UTI which was no big deal the abs cleared up all of the symptoms. But of course that wasn't the end of it. When we went back for a recheck the pH in his urine was off and there was still some discomfort when the vet palpated his bladder. Long story short after more tests, an ultrasound and an x-ray the vet determined he had a large stone in his bladder. So rather than take the risk of travelling back to Thompson MB and getting stuck with an emergency surgery bill here we decided to do the surgery.

So $1700 later Harley is still recovering and doing great. I know I had no other options but still :redhot:. After Christmas shopping my poor credit card is hurting and to top it all off I was rear ended just after returning to Thompson (not my fault but still a hassle).

It must be time for some good luck right?

We all feel your pain, I just spend $500 plus on 6 rats last Saturday... That was 6 exams, medication, plus medication refills on our other boys... and to top it off their daddy goes and drop a bottle of doxy so the refill had to be refilled again...

Over the Holiday, I FINALLY entered my incomes and outcomes for the whole 2014 in Quicken... and I saw so many vet bills over $300 (saw one over $800) that I am just plain scared of running a report and confirm how much I actually spent on vets this year. It really was a tough year...

I feel your pain, Smilez!

I know how you feel - I recently spent $1500 on my dog getting her toe removed. She had cancer.
Tomorrow is another vet appt for my ratties! Yay!
I guess it's the price we pay for unconditional love. :D
If we didn't have pets, we'd be so much richer, but so much poorer. ;)

Yeah, it really sucks!
Ratatouille is my last pet for now(going off to vet school, woohoo! I'll give you ALL discounts! :hurray: ), and I am very grateful that all of my part-time job earnings can go toward my rats. I still live with my parents, and it's just a small high school job, but everything I earn gets saved and I can be pretty worryfree about it. I feel terrible for my friends who cannot afford vet care and who's parents do not help.

I understand as well...My dog ran us almost $1000 around christmas because of an infection in his prostate!!! He is getting neutered tuesday cause the vet thinks that will keep the infection from returning. I have 2 rats that both have issues (they have appointments tuesday as well) one I think would be about 95% better with some antibiotics if I can get the vet to give them to me and one needs 2 tumors removed and a spay.....I am thinking this is not gonna be a good year for savings haha

Back