Very poorly boy :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soo sorry. Did they send you home with pain medication? Discomfort can cause these symptoms as well and you want him comfortable with his last days with you.

He has been on metacam since Friday and I have enough left to give him until I take him back. The vet said that the metacam was a good painkiller and to just keep using that? She also said that the tumour itself wasn't painful as he showed no signs of pain when she felt for it but was in general pain. He seems a bit better symptom wise on the metacam so I hope it's helping.

Here he is today having cuddles

Attachments

• IMG_20180221_121040.jpg
    IMG_20180221_121040.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 105
Because its wrapped around internal organs its probably pulling or impeding something causing discomfort. do you have a weight on him and the concentration of the metacam? usually Metacam is 1.5 mg/ml or 0.5 mg/ml. Oh and what dose are you giving daily?

Because its wrapped around internal organs its probably pulling or impeding something causing discomfort. do you have a weight on him and the concentration of the metacam? usually Metacam is 1.5 mg/ml or 0.5 mg/ml. Oh and what dose are you giving daily?

He's 490g and vet prescribed 0.7ml once a day. Not sure of concentration.

Hmmm did you mean 0.07 ml or 0.7 ml (over half a 1 ml syringe)? A good post-op dose and for serious discomfort is 1 mg/kg, and that would be 0.33 ml once a day for 1.5 mg/ml Metacam.

Hmmm did you mean 0.07 ml or 0.7 ml (over half a 1 ml syringe)? A good post-op dose and for serious discomfort is 1 mg/kg, and that would be 0.33 ml once a day for 1.5 mg/ml Metacam.

0.7ml, over half the syringe. Maybe it's 0.5 mg/ml? Would that make sense? She said it's a high dose but it would metabolise quickly.

Back