very nervous babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard other rat moms and dads mention their ratties chewing on the bars and for some reason, none of my rats have ever been bar chewers.

The only time I have ever noticed it is when one of my boys gets very excited to come out of his house and have outside play time and he will lean up and do a quick excited chew on a bar, like he is saying, "MOM! Get me out of here, I want to play!!" :wink2: So I always associated bar chewing with that, but maybe some rats just chew on the bars for something to do, or they think it's fun, or something else? Anyone else here on this thread have an opinion on bar chewing?

i think they do it cuz it gets mommys attention i always tell them no wr dont chew and try to discourage it right away even if it means getting out of bed at 2am

my boy Daryl used to chew on the bars. I don't really know why, but I think he just wanted to come out and play. he stop doing that though.

I have a Martins cage, and I have something like an indoor/outdoor carpet that I cut to size for the middle and upper levels. they're machine washable, and my rats have chewed them a little bit, but not too much. they hold up very well, and I'm quite happy with them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Back