very nervous babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefully she comes around if not just letting me be able to pick her up is good enough ugh why is it every cage i put into a calculator is to small but i found a site that if you do it but lxwxh then divide it by 3456 it will tell you how many rats it will hold

i ended up with the petco rat manor i like it so far but set up was a pain let me tell you. yes i will be posting pics waiting for my phone to charge yea they didnt either they came from the pet store to be sold as snake food

Yeah, I tried to click on the pictures to make them bigger, but I was not able to. But the cage does look pretty good.

hm i have never used photo bucket i like the cage no complaints about it i did get them a hammy yay :) and i tried to put fleece on the landings but i give up they keep ripping it off

Buster1128 said:
hm i have never used photo bucket i like the cage no complaints about it i did get them a hammy yay :) and i tried to put fleece on the landings but i give up they keep ripping it off
Yeah, some rats are great with fleece, others are Captain Destructo!!!!

Yes, they need more time to get to know you. they should come around after a while. just be patient and gentle, and you'll be rewarded. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I could not have said it better Patches...patience, gentleness and love and they will come around. :hugs:

yea i give up on the fleece all they do is drag it around and make a mess lol but they are comein around great static i carry in my sweatshirt and shock is finally coming out of her shell

I use fleece and flannel to line the bottom of my boys's cage and I also fold pieces of it on their platforms and in their plastic play huts, but I notice that although most of the time they love laying on it and snuggling under their blankies, etc, sometimes they do pull the fleece off the platforms and lay flat on the plastic...I think they do that when they do not need the extra warmth and they like laying their bellies on the coolness of a bare platform. :)

Yes, wire flooring or platforms can hurt ratty feet and cause bumbletoe...not comfy at all for rats. Luckily my cage has smooth plastic flooring and the platforms and ramps are solid plastic as well, so there is no wire on any of the surfaces.

yea i tried to find a cage like that that the bars werent spaced to far apart but i couldn't but ill figure something out i was thinking of having my mom get fleece and attach velcrow so i could wash it and hopefully they cant pull it off

Yeah, that could work! I have also heard of some rat folks on the forums who used that stuff that you line shelves and kitchen drawers with? Not sure what it is called...contact paper or helf paper or something? It has that nice smooth surface for easy cleaning and adhesive backing. I just remembered some people on the forum talking about using that on surfaces that were not good for ratty feet, like wire surfaces.

Yeah, I have no idea about that contact paper stuff...just something I saw on the forum once or twice. I am sure you will make a great home base for your fur kids!

You can get some linoleum and cut it out to fit the wire shelf. If you punch a few holes in it along the edge and zip tie it to the wire, most times they won't bother with it, especially if you provide them with other stuff to destroy like a Kleenex box. Then it's easy on their feet, and easy to wipe down.

Back