URI? Help!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since most of my little friends come from SPCA seizures they a lot of times are not in the best of health. I have learned three foods that they seem to love even with medicine on it. First is Ritz crackers, I put the liquid on a 1/4 of one cracker. Second is Yogurt and seems the blue berry flavored is best for some reason known only to a rat. I mix the medicine in about a 1/4 of a teaspoon full. Last is harder to get the medicine on or in but never turned down is the mini marshmallows.

Since most of my little friends come from SPCA seizures they a lot of times are not in the best of health. I have learned three foods that they seem to love even with medicine on it. First is Ritz crackers, I put the liquid on a 1/4 of one cracker. Second is Yogurt and seems the blue berry flavored is best for some reason known only to a rat. I mix the medicine in about a 1/4 of a teaspoon full. Last is harder to get the medicine on or in but never turned down is the mini marshmallows.

Thank you so much! I never thought of using crackers or marshmallows, I’ll have to try it :)

Also, you can give them probiotics to keep the antibiotics from adversely effecting their gut bacteria. Either a probiotic yogurt or something called Bene-bac (amazon prime has this, it comes in a big syringe filled with gel), a few hours after dosing, especially if the antibiotics cause diarrhea.

Back