URGENT! Rescue needs help- Ithaca, NY

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratluver

URGENT! PLEASE SHARE!

*Upstate New York*

Tompkins County SPCA (Ithaca, NY - a no-kill rescue) desperately needs rescue help with a small animal rescue - they have over 170 pet rats and 32 guinea pigs, a few mice and gerbils and are not done collecting all the animals yet. The rats appear socialized and are suspected to be a hoarder dump OUTSIDE (colder than 30-degrees last night!). Flower City Critters Small Animal Rescue and Mainely Rat Rescue are being contacted, but they need LOTS OF HELP.

Tompkins County SPCA (607) 257-1822

Tompkins County SPCA (Ithaca, NY - a no-kill rescue) (607) 257-1822
Flower City Critters Small Animal Rescue
Mainely Rat Rescue

Donations, foster homes, and adoptive homes needed

update from Mainely Rat Rescue:

UPDATE ON THE ITHACA RATS

Over 150 rats--mainly mommas and pinkies--are on their way to our foster homes now! Photo taken this morning as our volunteers left NY.

We are still looking for people to:
-apply to foster - especially if you want to foster a nursing mom (we can provide guidance on mom & baby care)
-apply to adopt rats already in our care to help free up foster space
-donate to help us cover the cost of food, medical care, and possibly some new cages for all of these babies

We have foster homes primarily located in ME, NH, MA, CT, and NYC!
If you are looking for rats for adoption in other parts of NY or father south or west, check with the SPCA of Tompkins County who will have more info on other rescues who have taken in rats, mice, guinea pigs, and gerbils from this rescue.

76601315_2532100126827329_3351992911037202432_o.jpg

I'd take a few in but I'm quite far and I'm not sure I could handle many more rats right now..

Back