Urgent: neuter complications

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfgirl

Kubera has been doing great since his neuter.
Incision is great....
Until today
His urethra is out and won't go back in.
I'm currently carefully icing for swelling
And tried olive oil
He won't sit still for ice well

Attachments

• IMG_20191108_181705.jpg
    IMG_20191108_181705.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 141
Of course this happens fri.night when my vet is closed until weekend
I have him .05ml of metacam for inflammation.
He is 260g and the box is .5ml/mg..
I hope that was the right dose

NOW HE CHEWED OPEN HIS INCISION!
it's not OPEN but I can see the red itritated tissue trying to heal together
I put silversolufiodizine creme on after using dilute betadine to clean it. This bugger is being a pain!

Tried to make him a cone....
He can somehow chew around it ... Grrd

Attachments

• IMG_20191108_201842.jpg
    IMG_20191108_201842.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 116
Vet would not prescribe me pain meds because he said he gave a shot before and after, and to ice otherwise...
His surgery was 8 days ago.
He acted fine, no pain obviously after. I check stiches 3times a day, and saw no problems until tonight. He messed up the stiches trying to get off ky jelly.
I did have metacam for a sick chicken a while ago that I decided I needed to use to try to ease inflammation.
These links I found waiting for help

I'm 150 miles from a 24hr vet!

Will be getting him to another vet asap yomtomor morning. Just not my original ver ( who is closed) and I don't think this very does exotics.

He stayed me with pee 2 times while I was gently living and trying to ease back in, so at least he can pee still

Ok your Metacam dose is too low. At that concentration it should be 0.52 ml (half a 1 ml syringe). Paraphimosis occurs when there is swelling pushing the penis out of the body. Did they do a scrotal or an abdominal neuter on your boy?

Ok your Metacam dose is too low. At that concentration it should be 0.52 ml (half a 1 ml syringe). Paraphimosis occurs when there is swelling pushing the penis out of the body. Did they do a scrotal or an abdominal neuter on your boy?
Vet said he would only do abdominal because it supposedly has fewer risks of complications like imfections.
He is at the vet now since 9am
They had parvo pups and had to push him back, and just called when they were going to sedate him to really try to work it back in, it had gone in on it's own... So a vet bill for nothing. ARGH! They are holding him until 4 to make sure it doesn't pop back out.
I hope it has resolved though! I might ask for more metacam just in case this issue occurs again.

Back