URGENT HELP! tumor turning black

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RattoPazzo

I just found a dark mass on my rat, in her groin area.
She has had this mass for a few months I think, but it has newer significantly grown. Today I was doing her usual check up and found it to be darkened, but still the same size. It is hard and maybe 0.5 to max 1cm in diameter (it's not totally spherical but a bit odd shaped). she is 2.6 years old and has already undergone 2 surgeries for mammary tumors. she has also had cysts, but never in that area. For now she seams active (as active as an old lady with HLD can be), eating, drinking and passing stool regularly... I'm going to check if she has problems peeing but I have not noticed anything until now.

I'll be calling the vet tomorrow morning, but is there anything I can do to be sure it's not jus a weird abscess?

thanks

She was seen by a vet (not our usual one) that took an x-ray to check her lungs and it was all clear. it's still dark but unchanged and a week after the x-ray our usual wet saw her and told me it's unlikely to be something very bad.
in the mine time she has slowed down but I suspect that she might have a RI. it got very hot a few days ago and, without thinking too much, I left the window open at night. It wasn't cold but maybe she suffered the rapid temperature change? she seems less energetic, and has a beaten down face, so to speak.
Also her HLD is getting worse. not too bad, she can still walk ok and when she really wants, she still climbs a bit of the cardboard boxes, but I see she is putting in a lot of effort.

it's not bad still but we are in an unpleasant moment, let's say.

Back