URGENT!!! EAR INFECTION

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LatteTheRat

URGENT!!! So one of my rats (10-month-old female) has come down with an ear infection. I recently moved and had my brother watch both my rats for about a month while we were taking care of house business. (He has rats as well). Shortly after having her in his possession, he noticed she was tilting her head and scratching at her ear often. He assumed she had an ear infection and told me, giving me frequent updates. I didn't have the time (or money) to see her or take her to the vet. After a couple of days, my brother noticed she was a bit better. I got them back today and it's worse than I thought. Her head is tilted on its side pretty bad and looks painful. I don't see any puss or nasty stuff in her ears. Those are her symptoms. I did some research and believe it's an Inner Ear Infection. I am pretty broke and simply cannot afford to take her to the vet, unfortunately. We have Colloidal Silver and I read that it worked great I'm just not super sure about dosage and how I should give it to her.
Any help would be appreciated!!! Tysm!

Back