Urgent, cruelty - Transport Mississauga to Mississuga - SAFE

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canarats

girl rats need picked up and dropped off 5 mins away immediately, or 40+ will die. I supply carriers. You drive or bus. Please pm for details

Okay this is what's really going on with the story. There is a Kajiji ad here :

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-small-animal...ts/1163117827?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Ontario > Toronto (GTA) > Mississauga / Peel Region > pets > small animals for rehoming in Mississauga / Peel Region > Ad ID 1163117827

Dumbo rats

dumboratskajijiadmississaugamay2016_01-464.jpg

Date Listed 07-May-16 Price $10.00
Address 1470 Williamsport Dr, Mississauga, ON L4X 1T5, Canada
View map
Offered By Owner
1 month old dumbo rats baby's ,long and short hair
289-232-8365

Now I asked a friend of mine named Kelly who does cat rescue to take this family an extra rat cage, (the parents are Hungarian and don't speak much English but the kids do), who are trying to find homes for their 8 baby rats (they are keeping the father as a pet and somebody already bought the mother rat), since they were keeping all the rats in one cage, and the babies were about to turn five weeks old and needed to be urgently separated so that they don't get pregnant as well! It was funny how nobody else who knew about the ad thought to do that. :-S Anyway more to the point, yes the baby rats do need to be found homes but at least at $10 there isn't urgent danger of them going as snake food. Still it would be helpful if anyone could take in a couple baby rats to give them a home or to take to a rescue like Little Friends Rescue (formerly Guelph Rat Save) or All Creatures Rescue in Toronto, who might be able to foster the babies and help find them forever homes without breeding them!

*note that the family has had a litter of baby rats for sale before and I'm not sure if this was an accidental litter or on purpose, but from what I can guess is that they were probably curious to raise baby rats and then thought that they could easily sell them as pets, not knowing of the large problem of pet rats in need of homes already in the Greater Toronto Area. Anyway after talking with the one kid I told him about how important it was to not breed anymore babies and to just find these ones good homes, and mentioned how many unwanted rats end up at shelters, abused, neglected or worse let loose outside to fend for themselves which is almost always a death sentence. D:
Thanks,
Rattymouse
=^.^=

Last edited:
I may be able to help with this. I was really planning to stop rescuing but I'll see what I can do.

I'm just curious about how this post went from urgent 40 + will die to a few babies needing homes. :/ can someone explain? What's the real situation here?

I was told that there were only the father rat (which the sister to the boy I spoke to over the phone was keeping as a pet) and 8 baby rats that they were selling to find homes for. I'd suggest giving the ad poster a call after 6pm and ask to speak to the boy David (who speaks English fluently) and he can tell you how many rats there are and what the situation is. As for the ad, Canarats linked me to it and asked me to call and find out how many rats they had because she expressed interest in obtaining the female rats from the ad. Nothing was mentioned about rescuing the male rats, which I find quite peculiar.

When you call, you might refer them to this forum and educate them on rat care, if possible
..... hope they have a large cage and keep at least 2 males as dad will need a friend

good luck

Are these Harley coats on the babies? Sure looks like it.

Isn't Moe a Harley? Aren't you obsessed with Harley's?

Last edited:
If there is a different situation where 40+ rats need to be urgently rescued, why aren't the details posted here so group members could possibly help? Isn't this what the forum is for to help co-ordinate rescues for rats in need?

Last edited:
Reactions: SQ
My guess is that if the males and females had not been separated they might have ended up pregnant in time and had lots of babies but separating should have been suggested first and foremost to prevent more babies.

Reactions: SQ
That is exactly why my friend Kelly got the ad poster the extra cage last week. As soon as I heard from the ad poster that they were keeping all the babies together and they only had one cage I knew I had to do something to help ASAP and I asked my friend to give them an extra cage that I had so that they could separate the babies right away before they turned five weeks old. My friend said that she had an extra cage and would gladly give them her cage instead, saving her the trouble of coming to get my extra cage.

Wrong rats Rattymouse. Thanks for your ..."help."
:lol:

Isn't Moe a Harley? Aren't you obsessed with Harley's?

Kind of low, spazrats, even for you.
Anyone *actually want to get in their cars or buses, and rescue some rats for a change, instead of sitting on their butts in front of their keyboards and picking on those who do?

Anyone who is not a lookyloo, troublemaker or stalker, again, please pm me.

Last edited:
Wrong rats Rattymouse. Thanks for your ..."help."
:lol:

Kind of low, spazrats, even for you.
Anyone *actually want to get in their cars or buses, and rescue some rats for a change, instead of sitting on their butts in front of their keyboards and picking on those who do?

Anyone who is not a lookyloo, troublemaker or stalker, again, please pm me.

Hoping that comment wasn't directed toward me. I'm still wondering where the 40 rats are though. I'd like to help if I can. Can you send me a link?

Canarats, if these are the "wrong" rats and not the rats you are talking about wanting to get from a Kajiji ad poster, please post info on these other rats that you are wanting to help rescue? The fact is that you told me about this ad and that these rats needed urgent rescue, however if there are others that need rescue too, how can anybody here help them if you refuse to use the forum on what it is designed for and that is to help us other rescuers here to help rats?

Please post the info right here to this thread so that people here can help these rats!

"if you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem. Quit being a part of the bleeping problem!" - John McClane - Die Hard

Canarats, if these are the "wrong" rats ... The fact is that you told me about this ad

No thanks. Sounds like you bright bulbs got it all handled by yourselves. Please go on continue without me.

Last edited:
Hey Canarats, it just looks like you made this urgent situation up to get other people to private message you and help you get these Harley rats because for whatever reason, the ad poster doesn't want to deal with you anymore.

The fact is if there were other rats in danger you would have posted about it here in public, and since you cannot seem to post any proof of them it is highly likely that you are making this up. I do invite you to prove me wrong on this, please? My only concern is to help animals in need and I could care less about your little drama that you seem to bring to this thread. If you really want to help these 40+ rats you'd stop playing these childish games and help get them rescued!

Also why did I get this message from you sent to one of my inbox accounts? It seems that Canarats has been sending messages like this to group members about getting these "Dumbo" rats which have the "Harley" coats from the same Kajiji ad that the rest of us are talking about. Notice how the phone number on the ad is the same as the one that Canarats has been telling people to call?

"Hi, I would welcome your help with albino dumbo rats in need near you. Would you please contact these rat mill monsters and ask if they have any girls, and then go buy them all, or as many as they will allow you? I will then come pick them up the same day and reimburse you. Heads up, the adults dont speak English, so you will probbers be dealing with one of 3 children. The males are housed with the females, so you will have to check closely. They put a dot on them last time I was there. . Their number is 289-232-8365" - Canarats

if you have already been there and taken rats, you already have a relationship with them, why do others need to go get more and hand them off to you?

Can you prove that they are going into a better environment then where they are, being sold as pets only?

You don't seem to know how to rescue very well.

You first determine if you are able to take any rescues in at the time. Do you have adequate caging, can take care of any medical needs and vet bills, have the time to put into socializing any new rats, and be able to keep ANY rats that you are unable to rehome (vital!). Then you find the most needy rats no matter what colour, coat or ear types they have. if you need help you post ALL details, and you are always looking for help for the rats not just help getting the rats to you. If you can find others to take in these needy rats that's fantastic :)

We have done a lot of rescues on this page, either personal ones, or group efforts...we know the drill.

These rats, now have a cage for the males to be separated to (so the threat of more unwanted babies is moot), and are being sold as pets..its not ideal but its better than other situations some rats are in.

Last edited:
My vet and a lovely multi-species forum are fostering the excess litters, so a moot point.

For financially challenged individuals who provide the bare minimum of care for their rats (yes, I've been well informed), you sure have a lot to say about others. Save the showboating and smokescreens for the newbies, and stop wasting my time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back