The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Alexyss

Hello, my little rats name is Houdini. I originally named her that about a year ago because she was able to escape her cage the first few nights I had her, thus making her a little escape artist. She is the sweetest little baby. Houdini loves to cuddle and sleep on my chest under a blanket but she also loves to hop around the room and steal papers from me. If there is ever any pasta or carrots she will steal them right off your plate. My family loves her very much and so does her sister that shares a cage. They sleep cuddled up in the hammock and bring each other food, it is heart warming.

I should also mention that I originally adopted these rats as emotional support pets. I have dealt with severe depression and anxiety my entire life and have had an eating disorder as well. Let me tell you that these rats have helped so much and if I am every overwhelmed they help instantly. It would be devastating to not have Houdini around.

Anyways Houdini randomly grew a tumor under her left arm recently. We also just noticed she had one a little smaller by her back right leg. These tumors are not impairing her at all at the moment. However, I have been warned about letting them grow too big and then not being able to remove them. I feel so terrible having to see her run around with these lumps near her legs.

As a college student with current medical emergencies myself I do not have the money to pay for her surgery right now. I thought this would be one of the best places to get advice as to what to do (i will not put her down right now, so please don't suggest it.) I also thought this would be a good place to share my go fund me link to help pay for her surgery. If you can help at all I will be eternally grateful, she is my baby. If you cannot help out then I would just like to thank you for reading this and learning about my baby. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

GOFUNDME Link: https://www.gofundme.com/tumor-remo...61948921-9b645cb45aa04d41&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_a14.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_a14.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 157
Back