Tumor girl and her friend- Home! Minerva RIP sweet girl.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life has been insane here as most know. Poor athena healed up from the surgery but then I started thinking something was off with her. I thought i had bromo but couldnt find it, had to get some called in and finally started it for her. Monday night i came home from work and she was in a fetal position she could only move her head to eat and that was it. She had no ability to move her hands or legs. I started bromo and my daughter gave her dex earlier in the night so about an hour or 2 after the bromo she started to get the movement back in her limbs and was pulling herself around the cage. The next morning she was sitting up and grooming and then she started to walk around the cage. we are 4 days into treatment and she is climbing on the box in her cage and she is also walking around the cage. I am amazed at how fast the bromo/dex worked for her but I am hoping now to be able to put more weight on her. I am hoping we can buy her some time she has been through enough and could use a bit of a break.

Minerva managed to stay with us till this morning. She passed peacefully in my arms. She has spent the last few months living with Tweek prior to his death and Cashew and Gloria two other girls that came in around that time. I noticed her chest was hard a few months back so I started her on treatment for Pulmonary abscess. She has done well but I think her little body just gave up. Rest well sweet girl.

I am so sorry about Minerva. :( Rest peacefully, beautiful girl...

Hang in there Athena, we are all rooting for you. So nice to see those horrible huge tumors gone and I am also so glad the meds are helping her, that is so nice to hear!

Athena does deserve a chance at more time, to enjoy being a ratty and getting the love she deserves. So glad you decided to risk the surgery. She must feel so much better without being dragged down by those tumors. I will send healing thoughts to her as well. Kisses to sweet Athena. Keep us posted? :cheerful:

I am so sorry about Minerva. :( Rest peacefully, beautiful girl...

Hang in there Athena, we are all rooting for you. So nice to see those horrible huge tumors gone and I am also so glad the meds are helping her, that is so nice to hear!

Athena does deserve a chance at more time, to enjoy being a ratty and getting the love she deserves. So glad you decided to risk the surgery. She must feel so much better without being dragged down by those tumors. I will send healing thoughts to her as well. Kisses to sweet Athena. Keep us posted? :cheerful:

Athena made it till about the end of septmeber. It was when I lost my father so I dont think I updated it on here. Life was chaos then with losing him and getting mom situated. She did really well on the bromo treatment then she was just gone for no real reason.

We now have Gloria who is our PT poster rat but she is doing very well so far.

Oh no! That breaks my heart, I am so sorry. :(

She was still able to enjoy some happy times without those tumors though, for a bit, yes?

Yes she lived about a month or a little more without them. Then she was hit hard and fast with PT.

Back