TREE GRASS....?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa

I am currently making "all natural" chew toys for our rat cage. I found a Etsy site that sells natural wooden beads and shapes that would be really cute to use as a separator on the toys..but when I contacted the seller to ask what kind of wood it was, she came back with tree grass!! I've never heard of this kind of wood and after doing some research I discovered that it is a hearty plant grown in Australia. But I still can't find it it's rat safe or not. I got into contact with 2 rat society groups in Australia on facebook and have not yet got an answer. SO, anyone here know of this type of wood and is it safe to have around my rats?????

So I googled for toxicity with grass tree and nothing serious comes up. The only concern I would think is the phenols. But I can't find much info on that. I think it would be safe. You would know once you smell it. If it has a strong aroma, I wouldn't use it.

Back