Treats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

I want to start traing my Dumbo, Rinky. I have read you can train them by rewarding them with a treat. I have yogurt strawberry drops & vanilla yogurt covered raisins. My question is what other kind of treats might he like & is good to give him?
Thanks
Noel

organic pumpkin seeds (no salt etc)
organic kumut puffs (breakfast cereal with no additives)

Both should be available in grocery stores and health food stores

I have yogurt strawberry drops & vanilla yogurt covered raisins. My question is what other kind of treats might he like & is good to give him?
It's a recent myth that sugar doesn't ruin rats' appetites & eventually kill them. Things like, at first melons, & later non-canned pineapple, might clean him out & bring back his ability to taste what is vs. isn't food. My rats were raised on health food, so the only way to find out in your case would be try it if you want to I don't see how it could hurt.

It's a recent myth that sugar doesn't ruin rats' appetites & eventually kill them.
Sugar feeds cancer so anything with added sugar is horrible (ie processed foods). Artificial sweeteners are killers too.
However, foods that are naturally sweet, such as berries or fruit are good and healthy to feed rats

The best treats are foods such as those suggested by people in this thread

My rats are pretty crazy about cooked wholemeal pasta with a little olive oil added. I use penne and slice into small pieces for training.

Back