Tray Ideas Please/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzMom

Hi. i'm planning on purchasing 2 of the Martin's playpens, the small one with the tray to use like a cage. I'll order extra spring clips so I can attach the tray to the bottom. And the larger 44/44 one. That one will be a playpen for the future rat. I had both before and loved both. The only thing I didn't like is no tray is offered for the large size. I asked Martins and they just emailed back that they cannot make one. My housemate is ok with the playpen, she just asks that there's a tray under it. She's also thinking of using the pen for the guinea pigs when it's free, so an improvement for them as well. Has any one come up with a successful, waterproof chew proof tray idea for that playpen/ Otherwise it's perfect. And if any one knows where i can find them at a better price (say someone is selling used or there's a heck of a deal someplace) let me know. i'm in ny state by the way. Thanks so much.

That's a good idea. Do they push the playpen around on the linoleum or does it stay on it pretty well/

it is thick and is larger then the large playpen
because it is thick it provides a bit of cushioning

I covered the linoleum with a thick fleece blanket
and only use it on carpet but had I used it on flooring, there is no way they could have pushed it around

A former member used to have thick double fleece bottom covers made for her large martins play pen that also extended where larger then the playpen so it sat on them - by people who make custom pan covers for CN cages
She used her playpen on flooring and they could not move it around

Neat. Thanks. Now to find someone who makes fleece custom cage articles. I never thought of linoleum that is easier to find than coroplast.

Hi

I just bought cheap, thick fabric that was on sale and put that under the play pen. I shake it out every night and wash it once a week

Monica

It has to be waterproof for sure; carpetted floor and she's .Very worried about her carpets.

Back