Travel kit

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

What sort of thing should I bring with me for travelling this weekend for the car as well as where I am staying for my ratties.

For travel in the car I always make sure they have some type of moist food to eat, like fruit (grapes, watermelon, etc) and I will usually freeze a few peices of fruit beforehand to put in their carriers at the last minute that way they have something cool to munch on. I don't give them water bottles for car rides as they always end up flooding the carriers, if it is a long trip set the water bottles aside for the drive and make a stop ever two hours or so to offer them the water.

A quick trick we have found for water bottles, the standard 16 oz sipper tube attachment for a water bottle will also fit a bottle of water you can buy in the convenience store think it is a 16 oz bottle.

If their "big cage" has lots of levels then ya I would suggest having them in a smaller cage for the actual travelling. I am always worried someone will fall off of a level if I hit the brakes in the car too hard or something.

Back