Trail Ride Pics/Wonderful story

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Hey all! I just now got back online from being absent yesterday (it felt like a long time to me... :lol: ) A friend, Alden, and I had planned a birthday surprise for our dear friend Amanda. She knew we were riding horses, but she didn't know that we had a place set up for a picnic and a lovely spot to watch the stars. We hit every bump imaginable yesterday, from her popping in at my house to hang out (I needed to be baking and getting the other groceries around!), to forgetting the lighter, to having Alden's mom almost give it away... It was certainly a feat to pull it off. Eventually Amanda left to go pick her mom up from work, and I left to Alden's to help set up everything out in this field. Well, we forgot that we needed to leave a car there at the site, so we wouldn't have to ride back in the dark, so we had to make ANOTHER trip, and I had to drive over gravel roads for the first time, very scary. But we got it all set up, caught the horses in record time, and had them saddled by the time Amanda got there. Originally, I was supposed to be riding the new paint, which, I did, for a bit. She was acting up horribly and this made Alden nervous, so we switched rides, to where he was on Si, I was on Gypsy, and Amanda was on Dink. Supposedly, Amanda and I had the safest horses. :roll: So we rode out on the road, came across one car, the paint did beautifully with it, and a HUGE grain truck. Eventually we got to a dirt road, a bit before the picnic site. I, being OH SO WONDERFULLY SMART, decided, "Hey, let's run!" so we did. And I, also stupidly, let my horse go full out. We were getting to the point where the road ended, and where the site was, so I tried slowing/stopping, but Gypsy wouldn't, not as long as Dink was ahead of her. So I yelled for Amanda to stop her horse, and she was sliding sideways because Dink runs like that, and his saddle must have been loose, I don't know. Then Gypsy pitched forward (I thought we were going to die at this point) but she recovered and kept right on. Then I saw Amanda go off, and decided now was a good time to jump for it. Landed nicely on my ankle and rolled it/sprained it, right beside Amanda in a ditch. I checked if she was ok, she said she just landed on her back, she was fine, her tail bone was bruised, though, and she cracked a rib (didn't find that out til today). Then I realized my ankle was killing me... And that I couldn't walk on it. Then Alden comes up, STILL on his horse, the supposedly wild and unmanageable horse. :roll: Dink's saddle was all the way underneath him, so it's no wonder Amanda bailed for it, she could have been trampled. Annnnyway!! So the whole surprise was kind of ruined... :lol: But after I crawled to the blankets and laid out flat for a bit (didja know that trauma makes me woozy? :roll: ) we got on with it and made ourselves comfortable, got me an ice pack, started the fire, cooked us some hot dogs and s'mores, and laid out to watch the stars come up. It ended wonderfully, and it was a good deal we decided to park the truck out there.

Oh. Wait. It didn't end there.

Then, after the fiasco and having to be carried to the truck, we decided to go to Tedrow, a VERY haunted cemetery, since it was only a little bit away and we had a 4 wheel drive truck. I agreed because I couldn't possibly get out of the truck to walk the cemetery, but they were welcome to do so, I said. :twisted: Hehehee. So they did, and I had Alden snap pictures while he was in there. I scared myself and started honking the horn for them to get back there. And they did, and asked me if I had the radio on. Nope, the truck was off the whole time. Then they told me they heard voices, like someone having a conversation, and then they showed me the pictures.

First one:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/ ... /norob.jpg

Relatively clear, right? Now look at this one.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/ ... feworb.jpg

Hmm, here's one where all I did was change the contrast and circle the orbs. Although I do think one is part of a tombstone.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/ ... es/see.jpg

And the third and final one...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/ ... alooza.jpg

Freaky, yes? Especially since there are no houses for MILES, and nothing at all to refract light back onto my lens. And my camera takes pretty good pictures at night, BTW.

So we left. :)

Ok, here are the pictures from the ride, there aren't many, but.

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

Gypsy (front) and Dink
IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

Gyp's baby
IMG_3286.jpg

The dogs
IMG_3279.jpg

Funniest thing ever
IMG_3285.jpg

Alden on Hola Qui Si
IMG_3297.jpg

Amanda on Dink
IMG_3295.jpg

Dogs having a great time at the picnic site
IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

My marshmallow roasting friends
IMG_3304.jpg

Fire
IMG_3308.jpg

Sky
IMG_3300.jpg

My ankle!
Mypoorankle.jpg

Good times, good times.

As soon as I even remotely got to the third pic, I scrolled right back up. Please, oh good gracious tell me if it's a pic I can look at... I am completely and utterly terrified of ghosts.

So.. I'm not scrolling to the bottom of the post. But someone please let me know if it is safe for me to do so?

It's just a bunch of orbs, I'm not even sure you can see them, they aren't as clear as they are on my camera/viewer... No ghosts, though, just orbs.

It should be safe to look. There are better pics after those.

*pats Moon on the back* I should have put a warning in it. :?

Thanks for editing that for me :oops: I'm such a big weenie :oops:

I love the pics after though! Especially the dogs flaked out with the cats in the grass :D

I love them too, Mamarat! Well, only if I'm not anywhere spooky when I hear them. Here's Tedrow's profile, just scroll til you see "Mt. Ayr" and it will describe it to you.

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/iowa.htm

And nope, she definatly won't forget this one, LMAO. :lol:

It's ok, Moon! I knew you'd like the other pics. :D The dogs and cats are so silly... I wish I had gotten a few more, but, we were in a rush. :p

It actually wasn't that bad. I've heard of more strange things happening than what we had happen, such as the elephants, doors opening as you leave, and that if you sit out there for 15 minutes, your car won't start. Why elephants, though, this is Iowa, no elephants here... Odd. But what else they said was true, about the cult being there and most people believe that is why it's haunted. There was a man who lived in a house out there, and the cult killed his dog, and when he confronted them about it, they killed him. There is an above ground tomb, like, they placed the coffin on a slab of concrete, an poured cement over it, and there is a VERY deep crack in it. You can see the coffin, it's that deep. It's said if you put your hand over it, there is a cold breeze that comes through it.

They got a pic of that (linked again, no worries)

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/ ... G_3312.jpg

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/ ... G_3313.jpg

An elderly couple own the land it sits on, so you have to ask to go out there, esp. on weekends. They are pretty good about it if it's just a few people.

Wow, I just found at that the college I am going to has a haunted dorm hall. And it's the one next to ours!! AH! At least it's not our hall, that I am glad about. *whew*

What an adventure!! It was a fun read. I'm sorry you and your friend got hurt... but it sure made your story.

Freaky about the orbs!

Love love love the pics!! especially the dogs and the cats. Perfect!

Ah, it's fine. We're alive, and that's what matters. :thumbup: It could have been MUCH MUCH worse, and that just goes to teach me that horses are not toys. Nor should we run them on a dirt road that ends. 8) After I knew we were both ok, I was laughing my rear off, because I can only imagine what the scene looked like to Alden, LMAO.

I love that one, too. :D I saw that from their kitchen, and had to take a picture. They have about 2x that amount of cats. :shock: The tabby at the front is my cat's brother. :)

Ha, those dogs are kitty Nazis, they're not all that wonderful. The cats are just really stupid. *cough* I mean yes, good dogs! :lol:

Thanks Nickelrat!! (can't recall your name right now, I'm so sorry :oops: ) Yeah, the getting hurt part wasn't so fun. But I can walk now! :D

Awww, Bron! I try. 8) She really is a super friend so, she deserves the best. Next time, though, I'll try to keep it injury free. :crazy3:

Back