Towel lifespan

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronwyn

Instead of fleece I use towels in the girls' FN as there's no Dollerama in Guelph that I can find and the other dollar stores don't have anything close. :( Do you guys have to replace your linings a lot? I bought four towels, two at a time in the cage (for each level) so I could handwash and hang dry the soiled ones but I'm finding they're looking rather worn through now. Almost two months...is that abnormal for them to go through them like that? I don't mind buying more at all, just curious. : )

Lol I picked mine up from Sears, they were having a sale at the time. :) I just washed this pair and it's starting to fall apart, lol, material comes off in clumps of threads. Shopping time indeed!

I bought a flannel flat sheet at the Salvation Army dirt cheap, and cut it into a whole pile of liners for my cage. It's not a FN but the same rule applies, and I'm sure you could do something similar.

Oh good idea! I've already raided my mother's old rag bin from a few decades ago so they've used old t-shirts and whatnot. The huge flannel sheet sounds lovely - the t-shirts just looked awkward. ;)

Value Village, Goodwill and the Salvation Army Thrift Shop all have 50% off sales on a fairly regular basis. That's when I buy my towels. I also like to get cotton placemats to use as hammocks. Since I know it won't be long before they are garbage there's no way I would buy new!

Ooo have you tried bandanas from dollar stores? I find each tend to be something like 25 cents and they're HUGE. I'm using one that takes up half the cage the girls can share, or I cut them up into quarters and they still manage to squish in together (hung underneath the shelf to give them options).

Back