Too big of cage?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sayuri

I have three double critternations that are all connected as one huge unit. I had ferrets before. Is this thing too big for rats, would they enjoy it or just be overwhelmed lol. It's not easily separated at all, my friend built it for me.

Space is good as long as you can fill it up and make it interesting for your rats, I have a double CN for my three boys (used to be two) and they love the space because there is a lot of different levels for them to be on. (I've had times were there wa a rat on all three main levels just staring at me. Hammocks and baskets are a good way to use up space and create an interesting environment for your rats.

No such thing.! As long as you don't mind cleaning it and have things to decorate with its good.! I've seen people use baskets, hammocks, equine lead ropes to string along the bars, and other things like that : D I'd love a cage like that for my ratties. Sadly I have no room lol

Right now I have 2 double CNs attached, and 4 rats. I've actually closed down half the cage because I need to get way more accessories first! (In other words, I need to make a dollar store and fabric store run) When they have access to half the space or the full space, they go absolutely bananas and love it.

Back