Three boys

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbskatz

This is my first post. Thank you for your rattie community.
I have three rattie brother's, they are 5 weeks and a few days. Frog, Fred and Turtle. I have them in a two story critter nation with lots of toys, hideouts, things to climb in and out of, hammocks, tunnels, dig box etc. There are two wood hide outs one is big and the other smaller. Frog is sleeping in the smaller house on the first floor most of the time alone. Fred and Turtle sleep in the big one on the second floor, they also do sleep together. They all play together.
Is this odd? I have not had rats in 15 years.
Thank you in advance.

Quote Reply

A

So long as they are happy it should not be an issue. If they play together and are happy together, rats will sleep together and apart - they do not have to sleep together if they do not want to.

Sometimes some rats prefer ground-level sleeping and hideouts, though usually they'll tend to go to the higher sleeping area / nests when available.

Thank you!
This is my boy's house.

Attachments

• 20201023_154103.jpg
    20201023_154103.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 140
Thank you. They have a great time chasing each other around. They just started doing this. If I stand with the top doors open and close to the cage when they are running around they will jump on me jump off and keep going. Turtle and Fred are shy. Frog is not shy, we bonded very quickly. So it is very refreshing that Fred and Turtle jump on me too.
Thank you for letting me share.

Thank you. They have a great time chasing each other around. They just started doing this. If I stand with the top doors open and close to the cage when they are running around they will jump on me jump off and keep going. Turtle and Fred are shy. Frog is not shy, we bonded very quickly. So it is very refreshing that Fred and Turtle jump on me too.
Thank you for letting me share.
I hope we can see some pics or vids of them!

Just further to this - I changed the hideouts in my boy's cage this weekend, the big chonk boy - the biggest one, doesn't like this at all, so now he just sleeps out in the open 50% of the time. It is also quite hot here now, so he is not getting cold and he seems comfortable with it. He doesn't seem to like the new hideouts, so he spends only some of the time in them with his cagemates.

Back