this cage ok?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluerose

I am considering this cage for my ratties. I had considered building one but decided against it.
index.jpg

I guess it depends on how small the bar spacing is
What are the cage dimensions?
It is difficult to tell from the picture but the pan doesn't look great
If there are any wire levels, they will need to be covered to make a solid floor
Is the cage powder coated (good)? or galvanized?
It looks difficult to clean and the narrow door is going to make your life difficult
Personally I would not get that cage

It has small levels so you may want to make larger levels
It has a lot of empty space so you will need to use a lot of hammocks etc to use the space

32-Inch by 19-Inch by 60-Inch; Tight 1/2-Inch Bar Spacing. I plan on making it full of things to climb on and hammocks and tunnels to climb in. I will keep looking for a better one then. I was wondering about the door myself.

It should be big enough, depending on how many rats you have - you can check using an online cage calculator

I don't think you will be happy with the cage
If you are in the USA, you might want to consider a martins powder coated R695 with flip top lid
- you have to cover the wire floors and use zip ties to assemble because the c-rings that come with it will rust, but it is a good cage for rats (martinscages.com)

Like the others have said, its an ok cage. But personally i wouldnt put more than 3 small females in it

Back