The Roly Poly Babies-The babies are 2 years old now :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[BBvideo 450,375:v8uiuemn]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOotnOaqa34[/BBvideo:v8uiuemn]

Willow just a little bit ago.....

She will stay on the enalapril and lasix....I will have to get her in for an xray after we let the meds get in her system a bit.

Shannan posted new hippo pictures, she is doing very well.

1009932_633372256470_1554824199_n.jpg

480103_633372875230_1562715438_n.jpg

1014299_633185620490_1657250566_n.jpg

1044994_633185560610_2140523296_n.jpg

8576_633185530670_1508593691_n.jpg

1013065_633185415900_1925899658_n.jpg

New video of hippo too!

[BBvideo 450,375:1gqckp7n]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=633376038890&set=o.521819397846563&type=2&theater[/BBvideo:1gqckp7n]

I checked willlows heart again last night, her heartbeat was faster than it was. It sounded a lot better. I still need to get her into a vet office to have an xray still just to see what we can see.

I'm glad Hippo is having a wonderful time and is doing so well.

It sounds like Willow is responding to heart meds. If something shows up on her x-ray, are you going to get the other kids x-rayed too? Or just treat as things show up?

So all the babies are doing well. Spending more time on their sides than anything. Although they still use the wheel so there is that.

They will be 1 year old at the end of the month. I cannot believe it. Still the sweetest things you can put you hands around. I plan on finding some special treats for them since it is a mircle that they are here still.

Willow is just fine. No heart issues at all. She got her toes caught in the hammock tonight (they figured out how to chew them up) and was beating the heck out of Lily. I guess she thought Lily was hurting her. Thankfully she screams so loud that I heard her downstairs and she was only stuck for a minute.

I cannot get over when they were born. I remember bugging shelagh with saying something wasnt right. She was trying to calm me saying it was baby walks. Then I finally got a good video and their life unfolded. I am still amazed at how small Lily, hopper and turtle stayed for so many weeks. Watching them eat and being hopeful they would survive. It seemed like it took weeks for them to catch up, now you cannot even tell. Liam is the biggest boy, normal sized boy almost. Turtle is still the smallest but not as little as she was. Luckily none have become overweight. I know with thier limited walking ability I had to keep them in a safe cage but I think it has hindered them a bit in losing some balance. It is hard to judge how to care for something that no one has ever had before.

I just love these guys and I will post some birthday pictures when it comes up. I always acknowledge the birthdays I know but these guys have a special place in my heart with going through what we have with them. It is amazing to see them at a year old though.

That is such a great feeling. You did good for them.
My 2 flip flops are turning 1 on Jan. 2 . They could have been brothers. lol

That is awesome they are born so close to my wee ones. Amazing how they have all lived this long. I wish they would of have baby videos of your rats so we could see how they were as little ones. they are only 4 days apart from Turtle, lily and hoppy... they were born on the twenty-eighth i believe....

I hope their birthday is filled with tons of treats and cuddles. It's so wonderful to see how well these special kids have been cared for, and that they're still around after all they've been up against.

Hmmmm, I do believe they have some brothers here in Chicago turning one too!!!! Let's see oh yea, that would be Throttle, Axe, Popper (brothers) and then Oliver! Lots of birthdays to celebrate...... :joy: Your babies made it to a year and these boys made it to a year without being returned to you :laugh4:

Wow, has it been a year already? I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of them eating their special birthday cake you are going to make them. :giggle:

The roly poly bubs are about a year and half now. Poor hopper has a mass in his belly. I am having some personal issues with my daughter so I havent been able to get him to the vet but I know what they will say so I am not worried about that.

I dont think he has much time left. i have been cuddling him nightly he has been my therapy and the one to catch my tears lately.

sweetest babies ever. I cannot explain how sweet these guys are. Hopper is no exception to the rule. Keep him in your thoughts. His little body is deformed worst than the others so i am not surprised that he is the one with problems.

Back