The Retirement Villa..new addition

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Today Elizabeth kindly dropped off yet another cage for my crew. I call it the Retirement Villa. Its got 2 corner shelves with an old Martins' ferret ramp in the middle. This ramp has 2 lips on it so I have it upside down so that it keeps wobblers on the ramp, plus its nice and wide. :D There's a low hanging hammie especially for Adia. :mrgreen:

Retirementcagemay4.jpg

Retirees are Bagel modelling the shelf
Bagelmodelstheshelf.jpg

and Adia modelling her "new" hammie
Adiainherhammie.jpg

And surprise surprise, Lisbet makes a short appearance!
Lisbetcomesoutbrieflymay4.jpg

I had let Lisbet meet them a yesterday and it went very well...
LisbetandBagel2.jpg

and she was fine with both of them...of course Bagel had to lie on her
BagelLisbetandAdia2.jpg

And right now he is in her little pumpkin with her .... :heart: :heart: He's very gentle with both the little old ladies, and I think he is much more content now that he has friends...

Bagelinhisnewcagemay4.jpg

Wow, Shelagh! You sure didn't waste any time! I'm glad that they are happy together. :thumbup:

Bagel looks so sweet! I suppose I'm his Great Grandma, aren't I? :heart:

There is another addition into the Villa..our sweet little boy who has no clue how to speak Rat. He has had many neutral intro's and only one was "okay". He is very defensive and sets off the other rats...sigh. So I had him out with Bagel, Adia and Lisbet (separately for the girls) and he was fine. So Goli is now in with the Retirees and Bagel. He's doing just fine. Sadly, realistically, it will just be him and Bagel soon. Lisbet is slowing right down, and Adia's decision will come possibly this weekend :( Goliath and Bagel sleep on the shelf together with someone's head over the other's back. :heart:

Its not where I wanted Goliath but he is happy and thats all that matters. :D

GoliandBagel.jpg

BagelandGoli.jpg

SQ said:
Nice cage setup.
How wide is it?

Nice to see your oldsters in together.
Perhaps they will teach Goli how to speak "rat".

It's really too small for them all, but the 2 sweet old gals aren't very active and I think I will be having Adia pts this Saturday. I have a tentative appointment booked. :sad-p:
The cage is 16" high, 17" deep, and 30" long.

The upside down ramps with the lip is just awesome for older rats. I might ask Martin's if I could order some just like that...

They seem to be a good group so far, nice getting 4 singles together, plus I saw a hairless pink nose and a young black nose sticking out of the back "airway" of the Pumpkin :heart:

The cage looks great.
I asked because I use cookie cooling racks, covered with dish trays as large shelves in some of my cages. Thought a really nice one I use might fit but it is almost 18 inches long :(

SQ said:
The cage looks great.
I asked because I use cookie cooling racks, covered with dish trays as large shelves in some of my cages. Thought a really nice one I use might fit but it is almost 18 inches long :(

Ahh I see. You'd need a Martin's width for that one :(

Back