The new Midwest Critter Nation cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I just went to the website and put a double unit in my shopping cart and you have to pay 96.37$ for international fees if you want it shipped to canada. Thats still not bad at $336 because if I were to buy a FN at petsmart it would cost me just about that.

SQ said:
This site is supposed to be selling the critter nation cage once it is available.
http://www.allpetfurniture.com/Midwest- ... W1243.html
They offer free shipping within the USA so ....... if you live in the states
or can have it sent to a mailing address in the states (I can let people know the address of a store things can be mailed to in Calasis Maine) .....

could you give the contact info for that store?

Ratlover101 said:
Ok, so I just went to the website and put a double unit in my shopping cart and you have to pay 96.37$ for international fees if you want it shipped to canada. Thats still not bad at $336 because if I were to buy a FN at petsmart it would cost me just about that.

is that still in USD or in CAD?
ETA: according to xe.com currency converter the canadian price from there would be $419.63 all included then. which i think is pricey but we knew it was going to be. however by the time you add in gas money and border fees, you're probably looking at the same amount or more then if you just had it shipped, so its looking like this is best option so far.

also, i found it on ferret.com for 249.99 for the 162 (double) and 159.99 for the 161 (single) with shipping 6.99 in the US: http://www.ferret.com/item/critter-nati ... 0423c27407
ETA: i can't seem to sign up as a canadian to find out shipping costs to canada though...

which means the forhappydogs is so far the cheapest before shipping costs at 184.97 USD for the 162: http://www.forhappydogs.com/p-148-critt ... t-162.aspx however, i don't know what shipping would be for it from there, so with that added it could be the most expensive. i guess it will depend on where you are located.
ETA: ok, shipping on that is NUTS!!! the CHEAPEST is 148.33 for ups standard. after that you are paying more then the cost of the cage to just have it shipped. and that doesn't include taxes and is still in USD. in fact, right now its not even recognizing a shipping option, you have to contact the store administrator... that is frigging nuts...

SQ said:
Twitch, the "border fee" would be the same whether it is shipped or you bring it across the border. It may just be the HST.
well see, that just helps make my point. by the time you add the cost of gas on top of border fee/international charges/whatever you want to call it, then is going to be more then the cost of the place shipping it to you. mind you this is only true for as long as they continue to have free shipping.

I think in order to assess Canadian Shipping fees on Ferret.com you have to call them....I think it was Linds and Ang that did that to get their FN? or maybe im on Crack? who knows :wink:

Officially heard back from Midwest about the critter nation:

Dear Pet Rat Enthusiasts,

We are proud to announce the MidWest Critter Nation will be available for sale December 5, 2008. Included below is a link containing all the product information and details on where this new and exciting product can be purchased:

http://www.MidwestHomesforPets.com/CritterNation

You will also find a PDF attached with this e-mail containing a current flyer for the Critter Nation; please feel free to share with whomever you see fit.

We appreciate your interest in the Critter Nation. On behalf of our New Products Group, we truly thank you for the many suggestions you have provided. Your input was an integral part of the design of this product.

It is our objective to have continuous improvement with the development of our new products. For this reason we invite and will appreciate your future comments and suggestions.

Best regards,

Bryan Jennings

Product Development

On the website they list the following sites:

Buy Critter Nation from these retailers:

www.allpetfurniture.com
PetSmart.com - Available Monday December 8th!
www.carealotpets.com - Available Monday December 8th!

Kat said:
on allpetfurniture.com I wanted to see what the shipping would be to Canada and it's saying free shipping...

I just phoned them to double check ...

While shipping to Canada is free,
they charge an international fee for all sales outside of the USA ... that fee is $106 (plus change)

For those of us in Canada, if you can drive across the border I still think the best price is going to be to order from ferret.com and have it sent to an address in the states. The price of gas is fairly low right now so ....

It looks like the width on the critter nation is 1" smaller then the ferret nation....it would totally figure they would do that, I am sure they were thinking "Why would anyone use the two of them together?" and not, "Well, these cages are pricey, so ppl who have the ferret nation may want to keep it, we should make them fit together..."

LOL

Cait said:
*wonders*

Do you think if you had a one level FN, you could add the "add a level" Critter nation?

I heard that the pans etc are the same for both so am wondering if it is a misprint and they really are the same size. If so, then yes, you could.

Back