The Links Road Animal and Bird Clinic (Toronto Ontario)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat.charmer

41 The Links Rd. (Yonge & 401)
Toronto, Ontario
M2P 1T7
(416) 223-1165

I saw Dr. Hanadie Nur here. She was gentle, very professional. I went to see them when I needed to have Pip euthanised. She gave me the option of being with her for the entire duration of the procedure and then afterwards let me stay with the body for as long as I needed. The cost of the euthanasia was ~$80 taxes included. Dr Nur did examine Pip before the euthanasia as well.

The clinic is in a nice quiet residential area, a short bus ride or a $7 cab ride from the York Mills subway stn. There is free parking. The receptionist wasn't the friendliest but the vet tech who took my payment afterwards was really sympathetic and nice.

Most people on here don't care for this clinic. I personally have been and find all 3 of the vets very good. I have only seen Dr Nur once, but found her very good with excellent people skills. Glad to hear your experience there was good during such a difficult time.

I took Simm in to be euthanised today here and it cost me $156 (since the vet wanted to examine her first before euthanising her). Dr Nur was very professional and courteous but I think $156 is far too much for a euthanasia appointment considering most other clinics will do it for under $100 especially if it's clear the rat is suffering and not well!

This was my first rat vet (Dr. Axelson is the father of my sister's friend). I found most of the people to be nice enough, however they laid as many possible charges on us as they could when my ratsitter brought my ill girl in while we were hours away, and charged both and examination fee and euthanasia fee when two of my previous girls had to be put down. I haven't been with Dr. Nur, but I know she is nice. I don't belong to this practise anymore though.

$100 for a euthanasia?! are they mad??

I am pretty sure when i got Harvey pts it was only £20 - and most of that was for the consultation fee. I know we are in different countries, but come off it, that is ridiculous!

I realize this is an old thread...but can anyone tell me why a Vet would need to examine a dead pet before euthanizing?

It does not seem reasonably necessary unless the customer has requested a necropsy or wants to know the cause of death...or perhaps the Vet was looking for reasons to make extra money.

I realize this is an old thread...but can anyone tell me why a Vet would need to examine a dead pet before euthanizing?

It does not seem reasonably necessary unless the customer has requested a necropsy or wants to know the cause of death...or perhaps the Vet was looking for reasons to make extra money.

Your wording is confusing. You can't euthanize a pet that's already dead.

Did you mean to ask why a vet would need to examine a pet before euthanizing if they're just going to die anyway? Euthanasia is a last-ditch option. Most good vets will try everything else first. You'd be surprised how many people take a perfectly healthy animal to the vet to be put to sleep just because the critter has gotten older, or because they don't have time for it any more. (Ethical vets will not put those animals to sleep-- they'll either take them in and rehome them, or direct the owner to a rescue or shelter.)

If a vet wants to examine a pet pre-euthanasia, it's likely they want to make sure all treatment options have been exhausted and that the person isn't trying to bump off a perfectly healthy pet.

If that's not what you're asking, could you please clarify what you mean?

Your wording is confusing. You can't euthanize a pet that's already dead.

Did you mean to ask why a vet would need to examine a pet before euthanizing if they're just going to die anyway? Euthanasia is a last-ditch option. Most good vets will try everything else first. You'd be surprised how many people take a perfectly healthy animal to the vet to be put to sleep just because the critter has gotten older, or because they don't have time for it any more. (Ethical vets will not put those animals to sleep-- they'll either take them in and rehome them, or direct the owner to a rescue or shelter.)

If a vet wants to examine a pet pre-euthanasia, it's likely they want to make sure all treatment options have been exhausted and that the person isn't trying to bump off a perfectly healthy pet.

If that's not what you're asking, could you please clarify what you mean?
Yes...that is what I was trying to ask, that if it is a terminally-ill pet who is suffering and the owner has already decided he/she wishes to euthanize.

Thanks for explaining.

Back