the fosters and Chop Suey-FINAL PICTURES!! woot! found them!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
once i got home i did a little dance myself. i've been worried so much over poor zen and then to hear that it might be something so simple! :D that was just wonderful to hear. it may not be the problem i keep having to remind myself. it may still be something more.... but i still can't help the giddy feeling. part of me is saying don't celebrate yet and the other part is beating the crud out of the first part with its party hat on. :lol:

then when she said mocha was fine, a little lopsided but fine. well it was hard not to start dancing right then and there. she was so close to never having a home and now not only does she have one waiting for her she'll be able to enjoy it for a long time to come! :bunnydance: i have to keep reminding the boyfriend that she has a home to go to though. i think he may be falling in love. :wink: :lol:

now if i could just find boyo and vandike a home to go to of their own i do believe that this will be the best day in wilson ratty history! :mrgreen:

speaking of boyo and vandike, i should probably give everyone an update on them.

vandike update: his breathing is much better now. if i didn't know better i would think he was faking it just to get at those meds. :lol: the only time i hear anything from him now is when he knows he's about to get some... :roll: :lol: he has 3 days left for his meds but its good for another 4 if its needed (i don't think it will be needed). he will most definitely be ready for the train but i will send up some baytril with him to his new parents just incase he has a flare. where he'll just be getting over his pneumonia when the train pulls out its foreseeable that he will flare. mind you with a trip this big probably quite a few will have the sniffles when they reach home. but nothing a few doses of baytril wouldn't be able to handle. now the trick is finding him that home!

boyo update: as healthy as ever and just as adventerous. i had all the boys out on the bed last night and he was the only one to go exploring in the closet (quite a few watched but no one else ventured). he was very excited about the whole prospect of having more then a couch to explore and was like lighting when i tried to pick him up for a cuddle. apparently he was too busy for cuddles... :roll: once he tired out though he came up to me for a butt scratch. still doesn't like his shoulders touched and still not handwrestling outside of the cage but the fact that he came to me for butt rubs is still improvement. he will make a wonderful addition to any family, but again, he still needs to find that family. he will be fine to go on the train though so maybe someone out there will want little the boyo man home with them.

i try my best for them. that's all anyone can do. i'm just glad everyone is improving. the feeling you get as you watch them get better really makes it all worthwhile.

you're welcome godmother. when she gets home please post some pictures of her from time to time. she is an absolute doll and it will do us all good to see her happy and home.

godmother and i have talked it out. mocha will be staying with us as the newest member of the wilson ratty family.

welcome home mocha, though we didn't know it right away!

also, i'm not fond of the name mocha and would like to give her something new to commemorate her new life with us. the only thing i can think of is wobbles and that seems more like an insult then a proper name. so i am up for suggestions please :mrgreen:

It would be fun to think up names for dear Mocha; I would have changed her name if she'd come to me.

Here are some suggestions: Riana ( because it's a pretty name), Cappu (short for Cappuchino), Velvet, Teeter (kinder than Wobbles!)

i have left the name selection up to the boyfriend. he has not clue what to name her either though so keep the suggestions coming. (personally i like teeter, but that was discarded... :roll: )

Hmmm, what means the same as teeter or wobble? Careen? Tipsy? Pisa (as in Leaning Tower of.... :lol: )

With a head tilt, she must look quizzical. You could call her Quiz, Quizzy, Puzzle, Query

How about Lucky? She is fortunate to have found not one but two mommas who wanted her. And a daddy who fell in love with her.

thank you for the suggestions but between the boyfriend and i we have come up with a name we're happy with. the boyfriend is a bit of a geek and plays magic cards. Ink and Eyes were original inspired by a magic card. i was SUPPOSED to go and get ONE rat, and that one rat was supposed to be named inkeyes. well i saw Eyes and there was nothing else i could name her after seeing those gems she had for eyes. and then i saw ink who looks like an ink pot was split on her and with her character that's likely to happen if i ever had an inkpot. so in a round about way he named to rats...

anyway, with mocha he was again thinking about magic cards. this time a card about some angel named serra, supposed to have infinite mana or something or other. me not being a magic card player but an avid reader happen to know that serraphim means angel and sounds really nice. and angel seems to really suit her.

so i would like to annouce that the rat formerly known as mocha is now to be known as our angel, Serraphim

What a beautiful name, and I'm so happy to hear of her happy ending, as well as the improving health of the other boys! Maybe this means you can keep Zen for yourself and neuter him when he's healthy enough? Eh? Eh? *nudge nudge*

I kid, I kid. But seriously, congrats to you and the babies! I'll have to come by again soon and take more pictures! (And by the recent photos and video that you've uploaded, could this mean you bought a camera, or just borrowed one?)

borrowed. a friend of mine is moving to the city and is staying with us while she finds a job and a place of her own. she pays us in my shameless use of her camera. :mrgreen:

but here's another wonderful update. it is offically the best day of wilson ratty history!!

boyo and vandike have been adopted by deefar!! congratulations on your new boys. i know you will be very happy with them!

I feel so lucky to be owned by all the ratties I have adopted which is 6 in all, 2 females and 4 males. Has that train left yet....I don't know if I can wait that long.

Congrats Deefar, its good to see that these sweet sweet boys have finally found a loving home.

Back