• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Cozy Corner *CLOSED*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YorkieLove said:
I am so sorry to see this but totally understand. It makes me sad because I kept seeing the cozy boat and was trying to figure out who made that. I just saw it was you today in this thread. Are you still doing the gift certificate for those who donate to lilspaz during the month of March?
Absolutely! We will always support rescues and do raffles and prizes. That GC is totally valid for any hammock(s) for the $40. :joy:

Thank you all for the kind words. SQ, your comments really touched me. :hugs:

Unepuce, you'll have to blame it on my new baby rats. lol They are keeping me extra busy. LOL But lately the economy is just not on our side. :cry4: I'm sure there will be a few boats to raffle off once in awhile. :cheeky:

SQ said:
:sad3:

You will be very missed .... my ratties love your hammocks ...
I can rarely afford to purchase your hammocks, but when I do, all ratties and I are extremely excited.

Thank you for all the wonderful hammocks my ratties have and continue, to enjoy.
When you were first starting out, you donated a few hammocks to the ratties I was rescuing and rehoming.
Those hammocks are still being used and are well loved :heart:

Thank you for all the joy and comfort your hammocks have given the 100+ ratties that entered my doors.
I'm going to have to take and post some pictures .... something I have been meaning to do for some time.

Know that you have made a huge difference in the lives of many.

:hugs:

Wow, SQ, you brought tears to my eyes. Thank you!!!!

Aw shucks, so sorry to hear!

I still have all the hammocks purchased from you (although the cubes have since been repurposed as hanging curtains since certain someones chewed out the bottoms). Know that they are still being well-loved!

It really is too bad. The hammocks were great and rats really do enjoy the designs. I still have a double decker (not sure of the name) that I got two years ago, it has three pockets now but it's a favourite, after the Cozy Boats of course.

Nickelrat said:
Unepuce, you'll have to blame it on my new baby rats. lol They are keeping me extra busy.

Well... darn you... you know I cannot keep being angry when a ratty is to blame... let alone babies! :giggle: But I still believe this is gonna leave a huge hole in the hammock offering...

Oh man, it's the end of an era!

I do understand though, so I will simply say thank you, Nic and Jo, for making sure my beeblekins have always been warm and happy, with plenty of space to cuddle and hide all their 'precious objects' - and to do it all in such great style!

It is very sad. I am unsure how I will cope with out the boats. Or the crazy cozies. I will probably cry when mine are finally destroyed completely and we can no longer use them. Now all my hammocks makers are gone... I guess old undies for the rats as beds now LOL

hopefloats said:
It is very sad. I am unsure how I will cope with out the boats. Or the crazy cozies. I will probably cry when mine are finally destroyed completely and we can no longer use them. Now all my hammocks makers are gone... I guess old undies for the rats as beds now LOL

I know they aren't nearly as good as Nic's but I still make hammocks Peggy if you're interested?

I thought you were done too? I only had 2 hammock makers and that is you and Jo/nic LOL i thought I lost both of them. I was ready to cry! I am glad I still have you though I love those long hammocks. and the beds you make.

It's so sad to see you guys close. My rats have always loved your hammocks. It's a shame that new rats will never get to enjoy the comfyness of them.

:heart:

Oh shucks I have been contemplating a cozy boat ever since I saw them just ever could justify the money and shipping. Oh well I have that cute pumpkin from you guys :D

Just to show one last appreciation to the Cozy Corner and Jorats:

This was the Triplex hammock she made for my pack, and this morning I caught these pictures of half my group :)

Gizmo in the middle section, Nes and Zera at the top
CozyCornerHammock_zps53dc927f.jpg

Little sleepy heads (Nes and Zera)
NesnZera1_zps645f268e.jpg

Gyro just had to make an entrance on the pics to see mama too :giggle:
NesnZeranGyro_zps1b02a651.jpg

I too would like to share one last picture of appreciation for The Cozy corner.

Here is my newest rescue girl Allie soundly sleeping in a cozy boat on her first night here.

3180FC56-CAE0-4454-BE3D-30A99F625996-8852-0000083B64411D08.jpg

Thanks so much for the nomination!

And aww your sweet little girl :heart: :heart: :heart: I hope she feels better soon.

jorats said:
It is with a heavy heart that Nic and I have decided to close the Cozy Corner. Due to lack of interest, time constraints and soaring shipping costs, we are officially shutting down.
We would like to thank all our customers. It was great fun making hammocks for your sweeties.
Nicole will continue to make our raffle hammocks, the unique one of a kind theme hammocks and will also continue to donate large prizes for rescues and their fundraising.
Thank you!
Crud!
I was just thinking I needed to get a couple more cozy boats for my kids! They love them, but also chew them a bit.
Bummer...

Back