TattleTale rats!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TattleTale

Hello, rat shack!

My name is Pat, and my partner and I have eight lovely ladies ranging in age from three months to two years!

My partner and I purchased our first two rats, a hairless double rex, and an albino under the guise they were both female rats.

Well, let me tell you my shock and surprise when I awoke one morning to twenty babies chirping away. Life changing event to say the least.

That was the beginning of 2018.

We raised three of the baby girls ourselves (Gina, Rest In Peace, Tam and Norm) and the two oldest are the last two of that happy little accident (Bob Ross reference, nice.)

Currently, we have eight girls:

Norm (two years, albino color, albino/rex mix)

Tam (two years; dark gray hooded, albino/rex mix)

Sprite (six months, blonde and white hooded dumbo)

Earlyne (six months, white body with black eye coverings and eyes, unknown fancy type)

Annie (eight months, white and dark brown with white/gray around mouth and limbs, unknown fancy type)

Mochi ( around five months, Siamese, red eyes.)

Lily (around two or three months, double rex we think)

And last but certainly not least:

Beanie (two months at most, and a completely hairless (except for her fuzzy white pants😂🤣😍) Sphynx pinkie.)

Gina passed away on Mother’s Day, and we gave her a funeral in the forest.

I’m excited to be a part of this forum and to expand knowledge and support of these wonderful, lovely, beautiful pets. My partner and I have been hand raising rats for two years now and we find such joy in every single lick, brux, boggle, shimmy, shake and squeal!

Give us a follow on Instagram if you’re into that kinda thing at @tattletalerattery

Hoping to talk with you all soon!

Pat&Bridge@TattleTale

Welcome to the shack, your ratties sound super cute. Also, sorry for your loss.

Thank you so much! I took some pictures and videos of them shortly after writing this message and will upload them here soon :3

And thank you. We had Gina for two wonderful years. She developed a pretty sizable cancer on her left thigh and hung in with it for almost seven months. Her last night was spent with me on a heating pad, eating yogurt and cleaning my teeth. She is an incredible memory and lesson for my partner and I and we will love and miss her forever.

Back