Tanner and his internal mass - RIP my sweet boy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bringing out the extra special healing vibes from :heart: :cuddle: Vickie :heart: :cuddle: Al :heart: :cuddle: Curley :heart: :cuddle: Kona :heart: :cuddle: Bumbles :heart: :cuddle: Finn :heart: :cuddle: GMC :heart: :cuddle: Throttle :heart: :cuddle: Oliver :heart: :cuddle: Popper :heart: :cuddle: Snickers :heart: :cuddle: Grumpy :heart: :cuddle: Axe :heart: :cuddle: Peanut :heart: :cuddle: and even the cat :heart: :cuddle: Atropine :heart: :cuddle: We hope you get the best news/outcome possible!

Thanks guys! :hugs:

Tanner was dropped off and I'm back home working (...), trying to keep my mind off my worries. I feel calm though, I know whatever happens now is the best thing for him. If this is a tumour, I don't want him to keep fighting for his breath, and if it's an abcess, he is between hands that already proved were overly efficient, the only worry would then be the anesthesia (during the procedure, and post-op).

I feel calm but I still wanna :gaah: and :panic:

Tanner is gone.

I just got the call from Dr Saulnier. It appears everyone was right - there actually was an abcess, but it was surrounded by a huge tumour, so she decided to let him go, which is what I would have chosen as well.

Thank you to all of you for your vibes, and wishes and support, they really helped me, and I'm sure Tanner felt them somehow.

There still was so much will to live in his sick body... I think he knew his time was up - for the first time in weeks, he licked my hands at the clinic, just like he wanted to say goodbye.

Goodbye my love... I will be watching over your silly brother for you. Just please, don't come and take him too soon... and tell Chester I miss him too. :cry4:

:heart: :sad3: Sorry for your loss, he sounded like such a sweet and exceptionally loved boy :sad3: :heart: RIP Tanner :heart: :sad3:

victoria said:
I'm so sorry :sad3: I really hoped he would get some relief again :hugs:
I emailed Dr Brieger, as he asked me to keep him posted. And thank you for your continued support through all of this. I know you really wanted it to work out. :hugs:

:((

I have found with my rats unexplained abscesses like that are often pre-cursors to malignant tumours, it just plain sucks. (It also goes to show how early they start to develop.) He did however make it to his second birthday, which last year seemed impossible... it's small comfort but and extra 9-12 months for a rat is AMAZING. I'm sorry you lost two so close together... it's surreal when that happens.

Back