Sybele's Official Thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Sybele was the little feeder breeder who Rattymouse picked up in Ajax and delivered her to me that night.

This little miss is wary and untrusting but also shocked at all the Good Things happening to and around her. It will take time for this formerly neglected, unhandled girl with a respiratory infection, mites (treated already) and possibly pregnant (but I think she is reabsorbing her litter).

I adore her and she's living in my Bed Cage and now is venturing out every once in awhile, but bolts back if she's startled or I move. :p I have a feeling when all is said and done, this little lady will change from passive to feisty because she can finally be herself and not have to worry she would be culled.

Some bad cellphone pics for you. Unfortunately I couldn't find my memory card reader so cannot use my good camera until I get the one I had to order online.

How she was sent to me. I thought she might come in a box. Nope.
Sybele carrier.jpg

She really likes me bringing food to her cage door for her to try :)
Sybele breakfast May 7, 18_crop_392x448.jpg

Mmmm...multi-grain cheerios
Sybele breakfast 2 May 7, 18.jpg

Cuddling with old frail Eggie :D She was sooo content and relaxed. She really likes to cross her paws like this <3

Sybele and Eggie May 8, 18.jpg

Finally got my card reader, so much better pics from now on. I have popped a tiny neutered 24 month old boy in with her. He has 3 brothers but he's odd man out with them. Tiny, more like a girl, and he gets beat up and left out more often times than nought. I was a little worried about this sweet little boy, and Sybele adored his sisters so why not right? I caught them snuggling on the top of the decker already, but most times they sleep apart which is fine. Give it time. Sybele has lost her pregnancy and is losing weight rapidly, so I decided not to wait for her to have a friend. Meet Toby...

May 13, 18 Toby 2.jpg
May 13, 18 Toby.jpg

hahaha she does look a wee bit upset about her confinement. I hope she'll grow to love her new buddy, and that they'll keep each other busy so she's not so frustrated about not being out.
I bet she just wants to hang with you, and when you're not home, she's perfectly content to chill in the cage

hahaha The Bringer of Good Things!

aww I hope she comes around in time. Some never do, of course, as you know all too well, but we know you'll love her anyway. <3

Every morning I take her and Toby to the bathroom with me, I put a pile of clothes and fleece on the counter so she can feel safe and hide. After her little escape I cannot trust her for regular out time so had to do something different for her and Toby.Our morning routine, is meds, bathroom, weigh-in then bobbling around in the piles and on top when she felt brave. With Toby leading the way, she's improved by leaps and bounds and only the other day I got cheek tips and relaxed contented swallows when I was stroking her. She loves when I lean over and kiss her back (no hands involved).

One day I hope for a tiny little brux. :D

May%2028%2018%20Sybele.jpg~original

Sybele was the little feeder breeder who Rattymouse picked up in Ajax and delivered her to me that night.

This little miss is wary and untrusting but also shocked at all the Good Things happening to and around her. It will take time for this formerly neglected, unhandled girl with a respiratory infection, mites (treated already) and possibly pregnant (but I think she is reabsorbing her litter).

I adore her and she's living in my Bed Cage and now is venturing out every once in awhile, but bolts back if she's startled or I move. :p I have a feeling when all is said and done, this little lady will change from passive to feisty because she can finally be herself and not have to worry she would be culled.

Some bad cellphone pics for you. Unfortunately I couldn't find my memory card reader so cannot use my good camera until I get the one I had to order online.

How she was sent to me. I thought she might come in a box. Nope.
View attachment 10563
She really likes me bringing food to her cage door for her to try :)
View attachment 10565
Mmmm...multi-grain cheerios
View attachment 10566
Cuddling with old frail Eggie :D She was sooo content and relaxed. She really likes to cross her paws like this <3

View attachment 10567

Wow, I can’t believe some people. Sending a rat in a plastic container is just horrible. I can’t express enough how happy I am for your little baby to finally get such a good momma x

Back