Swollen foot

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepper_rat

My old girl Pepper has a swollen back foot. I think it's a sprain as it's just swollen and she's still putting some weight on it but it's definitely pinker. I just want to make sure I have the dosage for infant ibuprofen correct. I did the math for a dose of 20 mg/kg using infant ibuprofen 100 mg/ 5 ml. She weighs 580 grams or 0.580 kgs so she should get 0.58 mls? I'm not sure if my math's correct or if I'm missing something. Thanks!

If it's only slightly swollen, pinker and warmer don't give her any ibuprofen. If it starts to really swell up then her dose would be 0.58 ml every 4-6 hours until the swelling starts coming down, then switch to every 6-8 hours until it's much better and then stop the ibu.

It’s only slightly swollen so I’ll hold off on the ibu for now. She’s still not really using it but she doesn’t freak out when I touch it either. Ill check on her later today and see how it’s looking.

Back