Surgery after surgery?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

Flower had her rear end tumor removed on Friday the 16th. she had a second tumor under her arm that he was unable to get to because the large one took so long as it was encaplused and much larger.

So my question is that her underarm tumor has grown rapidly since the other was removed. Is December 7th to early to have the second tumor removed? She did well in surgery its just it took him an hour to remove the other and he does not like having them under any longer than an hour.

Flower is also the one that ripped out her stitches but it is healing really well and by the 7th it will probably be completely healed.

That would be a hard one to answer, I guess it all depends on her health and how fast she's recovering. Also, on how your vet feels if it's a good time frame for the little patient.

Flower is 16 months give or take.

She is healing very well it has been 10 days since surgery and 7 days since she pulled the stitches out and it is just a surface scab now. No swelling, redness, heat or smell.

Thanks. It has to be removed, quickly it has gone from pea size to about the size of ping pong ball. I figured it grew so quickly because the other tumor was gone and whatever was flowing to the other tumor switched to this tumor.

The problem is my vet that removes the tumors does not feel comfortable doing a spay. He is fine with tumor removal because it is not entering the body cavity and the exotic vets around her want $300 for a spay and they all tell me it does no good that it does not prevent tumors so I prefer to not go back to them as they both seemed arrogant about the whole situation.

I agree bummer. But I would rather him tell me he does not want to do it rather than do it a loose one of my girls. At least tumors are only $50.00 to remove, even when he did Ivy's removal he removed two and only charged me the $50.00.

It maybe a long shot but I think I am going to start giving them shark cartilage and C10 and see if it makes a difference in preventing the growth or at least slows them down.

The coriolus mushroom has seemed to help my Tevy. She has a 3rd mammary tumor that she is fighting. She loves her nightly mushroom mixed in baby cereal. I ordered from http://vitabest.ca/MRL/index.html

I bought a container of shark cartilage and she won't touch the baby cereal when it is mixed in.

As for surgery, I would double check with the vet before making the appointment but I think if she is already pretty well healed from the first one it should be just fine to go ahead with the second surgery.

Melissa's ZOO said:
I wonder if you can use the shark cartilage and the mushroom stuff together and have super supplement?

Yes, definitely. That is what I was trying to do. ;) My rat just had other ideas.

Back