Such a cruel world. What a nightmare!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexandraBoo

I recently rescued a manrat named chippit, i was trying for a while to find him a good home. Finally i came across a young boy about 14 who was a younger brother of a friend of mine, anyways She said oh yeah he would lovee it! he would take such good care of him! so i met him, and said you bettter take good care of chippit, he is a special boy! he seemed very nice and responsible. I gave him a cage, but told him he needed a bigger one. In about 2 months his sister called me and said can you come down here? so i walked over to find poor chippit skinny and dehydrated Living in his own excrement, in the tiny hamster cage, no water no food. It was so horrible i balled my eyes out! I immediately gave him some yummy s, and he seemed to eat for hours, I had to bath him because he was full of poop, from living in his poop so long. I cleaned him up and brought him home. Sad thing is he was a older boy, he passed away about a month afterwards. Atleast i gave him a good last month:( poor guy. Dont trust anyone! the world it so cruel! Its a nightmare!

This is to honer him and his will to survive and live in such disgust and cruelty! He Was a sweet boy! Rip baby. We miss you! :cry:

I'm so sorry. It's too bad that something like this can happened.

When Starla had her babies, I made sure they were going to people I knew. I was lucky as it can be hard to find people you know to care for 13 rats.

But don't be hard on yourself about it, you can't always know what's going to happen. I think some people really do have good intentions and then don't realize what they are really doing because of selfishness.

gosh that is so sad i posted something similair in this part of the forum. it just makes me think how irisponsible some people can be. thinking its okay to do that. when ill he has to do is clean the cage(witch is easy) and feed hime and play with him. but some boneheaded people in this world would call those conditions okay. gosh some poeple are cruel idiots

I actually got chippit from clark, he was kinda sick when i got him so i vet treated him intel he was healthy, I was trying to find a home for him because him and boo did not get along. They would tare the fur off eachother! I should have just kept them in seperate cages, not gave him away! :(

AlexandraBoo said:
I recently rescued a manrat named chippit, i was trying for a while to find him a good home. Finally i came across a young boy about 14 who was a younger brother of a friend of mine, anyways She said oh yeah he would lovee it! he would take such good care of him! so i met him, and said you bettter take good care of chippit, he is a special boy! he seemed very nice and responsible. I gave him a cage, but told him he needed a bigger one. In about 2 months his sister called me and said can you come down here? so i walked over to find poor chippit skinny and dehydrated Living in his own excrement, in the tiny hamster cage, no water no food. It was so horrible i balled my eyes out! I immediately gave him some yummy s, and he seemed to eat for hours, I had to bath him because he was full of poop, from living in his poop so long. I cleaned him up and brought him home. Sad thing is he was a older boy, he passed away about a month afterwards. Atleast i gave him a good last month:( poor guy. Dont trust anyone! the world it so cruel! Its a nightmare!

This is to honer him and his will to survive and live in such disgust and cruelty! He Was a sweet boy! Rip baby. We miss you! :cry:

I'm so sorry Alexandra, that really sucks. :tearful:

All I can recommend is that you never turn a rat over to an adolescent unless you have reached an agreement with the parents that the pet will be properly cared for.

When I had my rats, as a girl, the pet store owner was always careful to drill my mother before agreeing to sell one of her babies. It was a great pet store. Family operated and run by people who cared and had also been where you are.

I am grateful that they were so cautious; especially now. I grew up knowing that they could not fend for themselves when locked up in a cage and my mother was anal about ensuring that I provided for their care. Not all parents are like that.

Chippit is in a good place sweetie. I feel for the kid who has Chippit's life on his conscience. Trust can only be earned and that kid has lost your trust in a bad way. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I'll shut up now... before I say something I may regret. :shock: :(

Back