Success!!! Intros

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

So after a full week of intros and outtimes together Wayne and I took the girls out and scrubbed down the cage. Outtime was an experience for sure which ended up in me hurting my shoulder, getting two scratches on my face and almost crushing Hazel under my knee and almost balling over it. Ok here's the story. Olivia decides she wants to be a spider rat and doesn't want to stay in the nice enclosure we made for them. So she continued to jump from my shoulder to the top when she successfully did. Well finally she climbed on my head to jump and made it I went to go grab her and Hazel ran under my knee and then I had to put my arm down fast and hard hurting my shoulder but I did grab Olivia though and didn't hurt Hazel. Thank goodness. Oh and after that everyone decided it was fun to climb on mom's head. Lily climbed up and as I grabbed her her hind foot caught my cheek. Twice.

Anyways we put them in the cage. Wayne was a little reluctant and I just told him 'imagine the outtimes as little kids and their friends getting together, everything is going to be hyper, but when they start living together it will calm down just like little kids'

I have to say things went really well. A few little scuffles. Lily actually poofed up as well, but I wasn't to worried about it. She was basically showing Olivia and Pearl who was boss. So it was late when we went to bed, we didn't hear anything all night, their cage is beside our bedroom door and we left our door open.

This morning Hazel and Pearl were sleeping in the litter bed together. I told Wayne I will be totally happy when they re all sleeping together. Well guess what!?!?!? As I write this they are all sleeping in the bed together.
I'm so happy. :bliss:

Are you going to be getting them a bigger cage, now that you're at 5? New cages are so fun :D

Glad everything went so well! Except for the bit with Olivia trying to escape and you hurting yourself.. LOL I had a similar experience with Maggie.

Yay!!! congRATS!! It's such a wonderful feeling to have your colony living happily together.

I agree with moon, you'll need a bigger cage now that you have the five girls unless you went and got a new cage and didn't tell us about it. If if you did... we better have pics young lady. I love new cages!!

Beautiful! Just Beautiful! Sounds like they've kept you hopping all week, I hope not you can just kick back and enjoy them enjoying each others!

No new cage yet. But yes I agree we will need a new one. Gonna keep an eye out.

There hasn't been much just really tiny squabbles with little eeps. They are all healthy and happy.

Back