Stroke or ear infection?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you for trying! Lilspaz may have better I'm put, but the metacam may not be strong enough to reduce the swelling enough. I don't know. I've only dealt with one ear infection in the 20+ rats I've had. I only used the steroid and antibiotic. But if you switch, there's a time period you'd need to wait between them, but I'm pretty sure the antibiotics would start to work in that time, so I'm sure the metacam will do. I had both, but went straight to the steroid, since it's pretty strong and I wanted to reduce swelling asap. Hope she gets better soon. It's a helpless feeling to see our babies that way. Hang in there!

So quick update, I didnt notice initially but the vet didnt give us nearly enough baytril for her to take her dosage twice a day for 10 days. We got 9 of the 20 doses out of it and now its empty, and the only vet I can see is going to charge over $200 to get me the rest. What the **** do i do?

I ended up just paying the 200, and yes the only way I could get a refill was paying a fee for an emergency appointment. She did clip my rats teeth while she was there though, and she already seems to be doing way better.

Unfortunately my little lady got much worse, the vet thinks she had a stroke or a seizure overnight because today she had virtually no motor function and was barely breathing. We just got home from putting her down. I really appreciate all of your guys help, and I'm glad you guys helped me make her last couple of weeks bearable. Thank you so much.

Back