Strange bump.? Unsure of what it is..

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kye

Staff member
Hello ! One of my boys Tobi has developed a bump on his hind leg..? I spotted it about a week ago so I decided to just watch it, at that point it was flesh colored and just seemed to be a stub- thus week I checked all 6 of my rats for any abnormalities like tumors or such and I checked it again... Today it was slightly bigger and red- it looked almost inflamed.? But he didn't seem to be in any pain..(didn't effect his walking at all-) Its on the inside of his leg too but I couldn't get a photo of that... Any ideas.? https://ibb.co/hVpK1QG

Something I forgot to mention is that he's a Rex so that fur isn't missing from the bump-

Is it still there? I'm sorry, I'm not very experienced with rats- but upon first look it almost looks like a little bug bite.
How does it look now?
Yes it's still there, I suppose it could be a bite but it's on the inside of his leg too.?

The first one in the photo has gotten smaller thankfully.! Bad news is another popped up near it.. Deep clean happens tomorrow and I'll check for anything sharp that could be poking him...

It could be anything from an ingrown hair to something worse, but that doesn't look threatening, I'd just keep an eye on it and react according to how it progresses.

Back