Strange Behavior?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyanAstrologist

Something strange just happened with one of my boys just now. This is the second time it's happened, which is why I decided to ask for some other opinions.

So, sometimes I take my rats out and let them hang out on my lap and shoulders while I work. They alternate between chilling on my lap and hanging out on the back of my chair. But something kind of weird happened with Casper.

I feel him sliding down the back of my chair. I grab him, hold him in my lap, and he's just kind of? Non-reactive. Not quite limp, but definitely unusually calm. After a few moments, he just goes crazy, trying desperately to get away from me and onto the floor. Despite his protests, I was able to grab him and get him back in his cage. Then he just stays right where I put him for a moment, not moving at all.

He recovers quickly and is perfectly fine afterwards, but it's weird this has happened twice, right? Does anyone have any idea what this is? My best guess is that maybe he started dozing off on the back of my chair, which caused him to slide down. Then maybe he's shocked from being woken up suddenly and doesn't react normally. Feels a bit reachy, but I can't really think of any other explanation.

He's perfectly fine now. He's roughly a year old, and his appetite and energy is normal. Like I said, after he recovers from the initial shock, he pretty much just acts like nothing happened.

These are just two isolated instances that happened somewhat far apart from each other, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Back