Started a rescue? Read any books about it?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallvic

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Hi everyone, I've been a member for a long time but I can't recall the last time I posted here. I don't visit very often. I have two rescue buns, Parker and Hervé, both were found outside (two different cases), and one rescue rat, Pinkerton, who he and his brother came to me by way of a small miraculous coincidence while walking down the street one day. Just a chance encounter whereby I adopted two rats.

So a looooong time ago I ran a rodent rescue and I was pretty passionate about it. Last year, I wrote a set of articles on how to start an animal rescue, and I'm considering repackaging them into a book. So I was wondering if any people who rescue, or started a rescue, read books and how-to articles when they decided to do so? And what kind of information were they looking for?

The articles, for now (I will be taking them down soon!) are here:

https://medium.com/@janerette/how-to-start-up-and-run-an-animal-rescue-bacf5445e1f4

even though it's highly unlikely that I'd ever be able to afford to do rescue work, I would welcome a book about it.
I think it would help me to choose the better run rescues, as I do support rescues when I can, and since my funds are so limited, I prefer to only support those that are run well and don't waste the donors money.
so I think you may have a broader audience for this book, and you may want to include rescue supporters in that audience ....?

Back