Started a rescue? Read any books about it?

Discussion in 'Rat Rescues and Shelters' started by smallvic, Apr 11, 2018.

Help Support Rat Shack Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Apr 11, 2018 #1

smallvic

smallvic

smallvic

Hi everyone, I've been a member for a long time but I can't recall the last time I posted here. I don't visit very often. I have two rescue buns, Parker and Hervé, both were found outside (two different cases), and one rescue rat, Pinkerton, who he and his brother came to me by way of a small miraculous coincidence while walking down the street one day. Just a chance encounter whereby I adopted two rats.

So a looooong time ago I ran a rodent rescue and I was pretty passionate about it. Last year, I wrote a set of articles on how to start an animal rescue, and I'm considering repackaging them into a book. So I was wondering if any people who rescue, or started a rescue, read books and how-to articles when they decided to do so? And what kind of information were they looking for?

The articles, for now (I will be taking them down soon!) are here:

https://medium.com/@janerette/how-to-start-up-and-run-an-animal-rescue-bacf5445e1f4

SQ likes this.
  2. Apr 15, 2018 #2

Petunia

Petunia

Petunia

Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

even though it's highly unlikely that I'd ever be able to afford to do rescue work, I would welcome a book about it.
    I think it would help me to choose the better run rescues, as I do support rescues when I can, and since my funds are so limited, I prefer to only support those that are run well and don't waste the donors money.
    so I think you may have a broader audience for this book, and you may want to include rescue supporters in that audience ....?

SQ likes this.