Spay Aftercare

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elricsgirl

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here. I have a 1.5 year old rat named Mulan. She is a rescued lab rat and the sweetest little thing.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :)
Mulan sounds like a wonderful girl
Looking forward to lots of pictures and updates :)

This thread may be helpful https://www.ratshackforum.com/threads/reference-thread-read-only.35894/

btw rats need to live with other rats so you need to get her at least one friend

and there are intro steps to follow when introing new rats so that no one is harmed (see first link above)
also you may want to consider getting her spayed for health reasons (see first link above)

Thank you both for your replies! Mulan had a cage mate (another lab rescue) that passed away last summer. She wasn't particularly fond of her cagemate and spent most of her time trying to find a solitary corner.

Mulan has had some health issues (serious case of bumblefoot that started in the lab, mammary growths, etc) and her vet and I have discussed getting her a friend at length. She was just spayed two weeks ago in hopes that it will keep the mammary growths from getting any bigger. So, we're going to keep an eye on that for awhile and go from there. I do trust our vet since she is a loving rat mom herself. At this time we think it's best to let her continue to heal and give her lots of love, attention and play time.

Back