Something Wrong With Rats Eye

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farrah

Cheese has something wrong with her right eye.

It seems that she is tearing quite often. That right there confuses me because whenever anything is wrong with their eyes usually Porphyrin comes out.

It looks like her eye is sunken into her head. At first I thought it was swollen around the bottom but I guess that's just her eye.

Anyway, here's some pictures. Tell me what you think.

Here's a link to a video.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... _processed

It looks like and injury, Lilspaz will be on later she is an expert with eye issues as her rats have made her one.

I think it looks like a scratch to the eye, can end up being a lot of nothing and it heals, or the eye could've been punctured and the vitreous fluid will ooze out. In this case the eye will shrink or swell up...it's irritating her you can tell that. Just make sure it doesn't dry out (use human grade eye ointment or drops with no steroids in them) and you might want to consider an NSAID for any swelling. You are at the watch and wait place for the eye. The other thing it could be is conjunctivitis, and a small infection.

can anyone tell me what to do when your rats eye is sunken and half closed? when i got her from the store a week ago she was fine and actually the more curios one. they are more active during the night, and my girl only stays in her litter box. Im a new rat mom and am scared.
please help!!:(

Welcome!

Any progress on your rat?

I suggest you start a new thread for your questions, as you'll get better attention. Adding it here, a 10-year old thread, it's more likely to be missed as opposed to a brand new thread.

Back