Soft poo

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tbrattypatty

Hello, I got my pet rats yesterday and one of the rats poop is soft. It hold its shape, but when I pick it up it’s kind of easy to squish? And very large

Rats are very stressed the first few days following a move, whether it be from breeder to home, or from rescue to home. Rats have stress/fear poos. They smell horrible and they're rather soft. Give it a few days and see if it clears up.

Also, how old are they?

Another reason their poos may be soft might be diet. What are you feeding them? What did the breeder/rescue feed them before you got them?

Rats are very stressed the first few days following a move, whether it be from breeder to home, or from rescue to home. Rats have stress/fear poos. They smell horrible and they're rather soft. Give it a few days and see if it clears up.

Also, how old are they?

Another reason their poos may be soft might be diet. What are you feeding them? What did the breeder/rescue feed them before you got them?
They are 8 months. I feed them Oxbow, which is what the rescue fed them. One of the rats I met had a fear poo which was quite different than regular poop. I’m hoping it will go away after a week

One of my rats just had a softer poo almost diarrhea but still had it’s shape but is it normal that he ate it. He’s never eaten his poo before and then I noticed he ate this one. really grossed out lol

Back