Sneezing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyclad

I have four siblings, one of them has been sneezing more or less since we got him. I'm a new rat owner and my Mom just chalked it up to allergies or so. It's been about three or so weeks since we got them and he's still sneezing, but when he sniffs my ear and I don't hear anything clogged up and no wheezing. I decided to order some Doxysyrup from Jedds Pidgeon Supply as some internet sources suggested, it says it'll take about 3-5 business days to get here (I ordered yesterday.) There aren't any vets in my city that treat small animals, but we did call one that said he would try. A friend of mine has taken their guinea pig to the vet, got medications and they always seem to die after that - so I'm afraid they'll over medicate him since he's not exactly a real small animal vet. But I'm also concerned over making Kit wait another week, even though his symptoms thus far haven't progressed past sneezing. What should I do? Is it best to just try out this vet, so he can be seen earlier rather than later? Or.. will he be okay to wait a week, for some Doxy?

He doesn't seem lethargic at all as of now. He's very active, plays with his brothers and still eat with vigor. He is still drinking as well and participates in pea/corn fishing, foraging, cleaning himself etc.

Back