Skitz passed away this evening =(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deislyn

She was just barely 2 years old and had a couple of really large tumors removed this summer. she has been fine but a couple of days ago she was leaving a hammock and kinda slid out of it plopping onto the level below (about 4 inches drop) but didn't land on her feet. I picked her up and it seemed as if she was not quite awake. after a few moments in my hands, she seemed fine and everything was normal again. about 2 hours ago, I heard movement in the cage and looked over to see her on the lowest level of the cage, upon checking on her, she was freezing, like fresh from the fridge cold! I immediately took her out to my chest thinking it was just cold in here (its winter but their room is 73*) she could barely move on her own, we set up a small cage on a heating pad but before we could put her in it, she had what looked like a seizure and then stopped breathing. I'm not sure what to do now, her sister is in the cage and sitting in the same corner from the start just staring over at us.

20200707_121819.jpg

Back