Skittles head tilt *edit* I think he actually may have had a stroke or neuro issue

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What dose of steroid should I use? I know I have 5&10mg tablets of prednisone, and 5mg tablets of methylprednisone. He weighed 466grams last night, but he keeps losing weight, so I'm trying to give him foods that will keep it more stable.

I have decided to have skittle put to sleep today. He will go in around 5. It was a tough decision, since he clearly still recognizes me, and tries to crawl toward me. But he now doesn't have use of his right arm, and when he's laying on his right side, he will lift his head, and tries to roll around. When he does, he stretches his arms out, and looks like he's trying to stretch, but not. It seems involuntary. He is still bruxing and boggling when I tell him I love him, but has been trying to bite stuff like my necklace, and bracelets. He also can't hold anything in his front feet, and I have been feeding him mush food, and can't get him to even take liquid from a syringe. He even seems to have trouble peeing, unless I stimulate him with warm water, or belly rubs. I don't know if he's in pain, and I feel like his quality of life is non existent at this point. Thank you for helping as much as possible.

I am so very sorry
I also wonder if he might be having seizures

You have done your best for Skittles, have given him all the love and support possible
I hope that you are able to stay with him
{{HUGS}} to you both

Last edited:
I was really wondering if the strange stretches were actually seizures as well. With them, his legs would sort of twitch abd his tail as well.

Back