Show your cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atm: I have a Ferplast MITO,

SPA52497_(Large).JPG

SPA52545_(Large).JPG

I've always wanted a FN but I don't want to put mesh on my cage so... I ordered a selfmade-cage with a cage-builder in my town, it will take some months until it is finished, but I can't wait...
It looks a bit like this cage, but bigger (110cm wide, 65cm deep and 163cm high) The doors will be in plexiglass, so I can see my girls without bars.

voliere.jpg

otten pet cage? :eek: I want one aswell but dont have the money atm and i never get that to my appartment with our small stairs. lol

Every ones cages are so great....makes me feel bad for my girls. :( Maybe sometime in the future I will be able to get them a FN but for now I have this cage that my hubby made me......The girls seem to love it....
It was before cleaning :) It usually has a couple sheets of paper on the bottom but that has all been ripped up and added to all the beds........It takes them a whole day to get it all up.........so fun to watch.
rats167.jpg

rats166.jpg

Thank you.......I do love the selves very easy to wipe out.......and I love that it is on wheels...easy to move and clean....
I have a silent spinner ordered but it hasn't arrived yet and some new hammocks........

Wow, they must love that! So many places to climb and explore, so many textures and colours. Lucky girls, and they will love their Silent Spinner when it comes.

Your husband is a handy guy indeed!

Thanks Godmother........ :) They certainly seem happy in it...I was a bit hesitant to post a picture of it after seeing every ones beautiful cages but I decided to show it anyway.......
Yes my hubby is pretty handy and he loves all the fur kids as much as I do...they are part of the family.
:D

I think it's great! So big and easy to move around..... and look how full you have stuffed it with toys and things.... I suck at filling up my cages.

Its looks amazing for a homemade cage dahlas. :eek: But i know the fealing, there's ALWAYS a better cage out there. LOL But atm my guys have the biggest cage there is so i dont think i will change cages soon (next to the fact i dont have a cent to spend on cages atm)

Ok, so I have just got my new girls, so am posting my boy cage and my girl cage. they're basically empty still (shipping is so slooooow), gotta wait for my ebay purchases to show up. Here they are.

Boy Cage
HPIM0148.jpg

Girl Cage
HPIM0148-1.jpg

I mentioned earlier how everyones cage is so clean. Well I am proud to mention that my boys only poop upstairs once or twice a day if at all. So I rarely have to pick up from the shelf. And now that they've got over the towel thing(instead of shavings) they have stopped burrowing as much, so velcro is not nessesary.

I haven't decorated it or modified it with hardware cloth yet, but I'll do that within the next week or two, then I'll be getting my first two ratties :D

Please ignore the alcohol - I swear I'm not an alcoholic lol I tend to buy stuff on trips and not drink it all, so I bring it home and it sits in my room :lol:

I love your purple walls. PURPLE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR. If your not going drink that alcohol you can send it my way I assure you it will be gone in no time. :wink: Not an alchi, just love one to calm me down after days like today. :twisted:

Back